Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
I've been impressed with a lot of what I've read about and seen from Bellamy on here recently, but I can't see the logic in that. whenever I've seen the u23s it has been a much higher standard than the u18s, so it is always going to be riskier for a manager to promote someone straight from the 18s to the first team tha ln from the u23s.
also if he was in charge of the pathway, just being "not a fan" of the u23s so not putting players in there seems like it isn't addressing the issues he saw with the U23s.
I cant disagree with you, but I don't think he had anything against The City's U23's, but the U23 level in general. From what I have heard he didn't feel it was aiding their development. I believe the standard of the U23's now is much higher than it was 3-4 years ago, and it seems much more of a team than it was then-the line ups seemed to change dramatically game to game. As i said, Spence had played a number of U23 games, and I believe it was just a case of get him, and others in as Bellamy thought they were ready..