Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
I think it's the defensive deficiencies plus the stop start nature of his season due to injury problems.

I think there's been a noted improvement in him defensively this season compared to last season (let's face it, he couldn't get much worse in that respect) but it's still a weakness. I would say though there is far too much emphasis on defensive characteristics in our side and it's unsurprising that we've scored so few as a result. We have plenty of players who can put in a shift defensively but very few who can pick a pass or look particularly good going forward. That's partially why I mentioned the thing about having Whyte on the bench or Colwill? It's about having options to change games, we have a pretty samey squad but in Colwill (and Davies) we have players who can offer something different.
I really hope that he kicks on and shows us what he's about (Colwill) nothing better than a player who has the ability to change a game, for me, it makes the game worth watching. Colwill may well be a victim of the clubs circumstances over the past few years, certainly in terms of style of play and jumping from one crisis to the next without any kind of plan. He may even need to move on in order to progress, same with Davies.