Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
You quote the Wiki entry. This is what it said about the breadth of the Russian invasion.

Russian air strikes and a ground invasion were launched along a northern front from Belarus towards Kyiv, a north-eastern front towards Kharkiv, a southern front from Crimea, and a south-eastern front from the Donbas.

The only reason Russian troops are not currently patrolling the streets of Kyiv, Odessa and Lviv is that the Ukranian Army repulsed the thrust to Kviv sent the Russians back into Belarus from whence they came and first halted then reversed Russian advances elsewhere.

Crimea has been in Russian hands since they took it by force for almost a decade.

Hope that has been awesome for you.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russia...ion_of_Ukraine

I’m sorry to disagree but what you have quoted hardly consists of a full scale invasion, more so when I know of three friends who have been visiting Ukraine for various reasons since 2011. They have never said to me that they felt uncomfortable or under threat during this time. One had a long time girlfriend and was back and forth. He even brought over a French Bulldog as they were cheap compared to the UK.
Flights to and from Ukraine were common and actually fairly expensive as it was deemed a popular place to go for stag do’s

What’s strange is that NATO has had a significant presence within the country yet prior to a year ago most UK news outlets looked upon Ukraine in a negative light.

With regards to official data Ukraine's leaders say they don’t see a major U.S. intelligence leak as gravely damaging future offensives. A key reason: They have long held back on sharing their most sensitive operational information, doubting Washington's ability to keep their secrets safe, so we may never know the full extent of losses etc (on both sides)for many years to come.

Hopefully the conflict will be resolved sooner rather than later.

Hope that helps.

https://www.britannica.com/news/2204...55d0f52f9cac2d