Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
Who's us? We have plenty of ball winners and grafters, we've needed creativity for years
I’ll always remember that time a few years back when I was watching the Academy team playing Colchester and I overheard some bloke who was part of the Colchester party saying that he’d been watching football at this level for years and season in, season out it was Cardiff who played the best quality football in the league.

Thinking about last night, could it be that our freakishly high possession figure, by City standards, of seventy one per cent had something to do with the fact that we had more players used to playing age group football, where the emphasis is traditionally much more on ball retention than it is with the senior team, than normal in the first team? In the last few minutes last night, we had Colwill, Evans and Ashford on the pitch and I’d argue that technically they are better than many who play in the first team regularly.

That’s not to say that they’re better players because success in the professional game is as much, if not more, to do with things like mental attitude and belief as technical qualities, but I think if the three players I mentioned were given a run in the team, our possession stats figure would go up slightly because we wouldn’t be giving the ball away as cheaply we have done in recent seasons.