Quote Originally Posted by 79blue View Post
I used to regard myself as British and felt proud, even serving 6 years in the army. Now I no longer call myself British after the way the Tories have trashed this country and its reputation over the last 13 years.

This was once a nation that supported those struggling with life, mostly through no fault of their own, now almost all ladders and safety nets have been removed. During this time governments has increased the burden on the ordinary worker, whilst allowing the wealthy to use multiple tax loopholes to avoid paying their fair share of tax, whilst cutting the number of tax prosecution of wealthy tax evaders through cuts to HMRC. They have abrogated their responsibility for looking after the poorest and have turned us into a country of food banks

They have trashed our reputation as a country that follows the rules of law and that of adhering to treaties and agreements. They are talking about removing us from the European court of Human Rights, aligning us with Russia and Belarus. The reputation we had was hard won but will extremely be hard to regain.

We used to a country that had a reputation of getting things done, but the miss-management of the country over the last 13 years has turned us into a country where nothing no works and delays are the norm.

I am no longer a proud Britain, I now regard myself as just Welsh.
1. Thank you for your service.
2. I had a good friend who executed by the side of the road in Iraq. He had a wife and 3 kids.
3. Unfortunately we went to war in Iraq based on 1 big lie and the war in Afghan was equally as futile given the end result.
4. Defence reviews have been conducted by both red and blue over the years and spending is based on where they think the threat is coming from.

If you can think of a legal way to solve the small boats issue - please let us all know. As so far - every method has failed.