Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
Not sure if this a joke or a serious post, but I will take it as serious

Did you know that the Foil Bubble insulation is the same as 60mm of rockwool loft insulation, I went with acoustic 60mm rockwool in the walls, 60 mm polystyrene in the floors and roof ( I couldnt justify the cost of PIR like Kingspan or Celotex , as the cost V u Value isnt even close ) , I then double wrapped the inside ( taping the joints ) with the Foil Bubble wrap ( like your YBS )

I then ran some " super Tuff " ( its Not armoured, but its some very thick reinforced 2.5mm T&E cable ( it actually 5mm with protection, but does fit in a plug if you take a little of the protection off as it enters the plug ) cable , then fitted a Fused spur unit ( which can be upgraded to a shed consumer unit when I have the cable connected to the house consumer unit instead of a plug ) in the mancave

Then ran a series of double sockets and 2 fused spur units around the mancave ( 6 doubles and 2 FSU, one for the heater and one for a outside socket )

then I fitted one of these

https://www.screwfix.com/p/blyss-sar...te-1500w/195jk

I went with the 1500 W ( you can get 2000 W ) as its slightly cheaper to run and I can run all the power ( with this heater included ) from the 13A fixed spur unit ( as above ) as its all under 3 KW of power *( this is the important thing if running from a plug or FSU, keep all power use under 3KW, as 3KW a cheap plug top will get warm ( as FSU connection would be safer ) from my point of view, I will always aim for under 2.5 KW

I said earlier in the thread, last week it was Minus 4 C outside and I was sat in there with a hoodie and some joggers on, when I started boxing ( in VR ) I had to take the Hoodie off, this is 5 X 3 M foot print with a 2.3 M High roof , so that gives you a idea of the heat of that heater
Deadly serious post from me. I'm going to get armoured cable to the shed and will then be able to use it both for storage and for work.