By my message title it should be obvious that I'm not calling for Bulut to be given the, er, sack, but in recognition that we have a big problem at the moment and hope he can sort out our slide quickly.

Since we convincingly beat Bristol City, we've scored 5 in our last 8, including just the 1 in our last 5. Not only are we looking incapable of scoring, or even creating good chances, we seem to have a lethargy to our play, a lack of urgency that seems easy to play against.

We scored 10 goals in our first 6 games when Ramsey was fit enough to play for us. Some say not having Ramsey has been a problem for our creativity, yet we managed to score 13 goals in the next 8 when he was injured, so this side is more than capable of scoring and being creative without Ramsey.

Fast forward to today and we've scored 1 goal in open play in our last 8 games. That is truly pitiful and as bad as anything that was served up last season. In fact, over the last 5 or 8 games, we're the lowest scorers in the Championship. Considering we were 4th highest scorers little over 2 months, ago, that's some decline. We've shown we can cope without Ramsey, we have to find ways as we know he'll never manage a full season.

I was interested to hear that Kieffer Moore isn't necessarily the answer to our problems, echoed by both Jason Perry and Nathan Blake, on the grounds that our wingers don't get many crosses into the box and we don't get attacking midfielders running beyond the striker when Moore holds up the ball.

I hope Bulut knows what the answers are. This is his first major problem and how he comes out of it will decide his City future. This season is still about survival, I couldn't care less about being 5 points from the playoffs. It's about building for next season, the one after and so on. We'll have spells like this, it's about how we pull ourselves out of it.