Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
The sound of knees jerking in this thread is deafening. There have been some like Splott Parker who have voiced there reservations about Etete in the past, but this thread doesn’t half seem like a reaction to one bad game on his part. He was not very good today and he’s inconsistent, but, for me, he’s the best we have in the position currently and, on his good days, he shows he has it in him to be a good striker at this level.

Because he’s so tall, I think Etete gets categorised as a certain type of striker, but I’m not sure he’ll ever be a traditional target man type . I’d say one of his main strengths is his quick feet and it may be that he’d be more effective in a side that got the ball down and played a bit more than we do.
finally some sense in this thread haha

what a bunch of clueless dolts the rest of you are. One moment singing the young fellas name the next twisting in the knife...we were woeful today because we were set up to sit deep and soak. Hardly the strategy any striker likes to be involved in.

If he does read this thread i hope he remembers you are a loud MINORITY of dinosaurs in our fanbase that still think hoofball is the forgotten tactical art in the modern game. Go back to watching football from the 70s if you cant keep up at the back