+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hypothetical scenario

Re: Hypothetical scenario

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback wrote on Wed, 07 January 2015 17:23
    Would you prefer to be
    Cardiff City are dead to me in red, so I'd take the blue gamble any day.

YES YES YES

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc wrote on Wed, 07 January 2015 17:30
    Its the dreamland scenario.
    Get a 'blue bounce' via increased season ticket and merchandise sales and generate a feelgood factor around the club. At the same time Invest only enough to keep the club out of the high court, pocket as much of the £60m TV parachute money over the next three years as possible and hope that he can shift it at a loss in the meantime.

Quote Originally Posted by alfie sherwood wrote on Wed, 07 January 2015 17:24
    I have no idea whether or not there is any possibility of this actually happening but bear with me...If Tan was to state that the clubs traditional identity would be restored from next season, but from this point onwards he would invest only enough to keep the club from folding until he could offload it, would this scenario be acceptable to you?
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyhorse wrote on Wed, 07 January 2015 17:21
    I'm sure people are more than aware of my opinion on such a scenario but would the rest of you be happy to be back in blue but on a diet of free transfers, other teams cast offs, youth team players and against a backdrop of the general downsizing of the club?
    Quote Originally Posted by alfie sherwood wrote on Wed, 07 January 2015 17:10
    If you need to ask that question then perhaps your place should be given to another.
    Are you of the believe that City fans want success over a return to blue?

Quote Originally Posted by alfie sherwood wrote on Wed, 07 January 2015 17:29
    Would you prefer to be
    Alive?
    Who knows, we may even end up developing a sustainable and healthy club long term.

If tan is willing to offer that then it means the downscaling will happen anyway (it already has actually)

I have no idea whether or not there is any possibility of this actually happening but bear with me...If Tan was to state that the clubs traditional identity would be restored from next season, but from this point onwards he would invest only enough to keep the club from folding until he could offload it, would this scenario be acceptable to you?
    More than happy personally.

Quote Originally Posted by alfie sherwood wrote on Wed, 07 January 2015 17:29
    Would you prefer to be
    Alive?
    Answer to your first question YES in a heartbeat, as to the second point to be honest with you if Slade signed Messi he'd play him at LB so it doesn't matter as he won't be here long anyway

Quote Originally Posted by alfie sherwood wrote on Wed, 07 January 2015 17:39
    Its the dreamland scenario.
    Quote Originally Posted by qccfc wrote on Wed, 07 January 2015 17:30
    Why would he keep putting money in to keep the club from folding, thus increasing his debt, in the mean time who wants to buy it. The price is going down on a daily basis, but what it owes to him is going up.
    Giving us virtually no chance of survival though shouldnt just be accepted.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa wrote on Wed, 07 January 2015 17:33
    Would you prefer to be
    Alive?
    This ^^^^^^

Yes please

Amazing the amount of people that would choose a relegation or 2.

The first sign of a 0-5 drubbing at home to Rochdale and they would do a runner.

We would get about 4,000 die hards attending (like the old days).

For what it's worth, I would be ok with this scenario mind.

I hope people would be happy with this - if it were to come true.

It seems that the vast majority (of MB posters at least) have been praying for exactly that scenario.

I'd be very happy.

I'd go whatever. Always have.

Alf - if we DO get the colours back there is a free invite from me to come to a game on one of my tickets.

We've argued a lot, but I still respect you -it's been 'mostly' decent .

I'd take relegation back to the basement if it meant CCFC was back and VT was gone. Right now I don't even bother watching Vincent Tan FC on the Telly if they are on.