+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: West Brom after Gestede?

Re: West Brom after Gestede?

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 wrote on Thu, 08 January 2015 12:55
    Malky was a fool for letting him go, which was strange because I always thought he rated Rudy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mashy wrote on Thu, 08 January 2015 11:02
    He'd have definitely won us a lot more points last season had he stayed.
    I'm not sure on the contract terms whether OGS could have cancelled that deal, or if it was set in stone.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman wrote on Thu, 08 January 2015 11:51
    I was ridiculed on here for always saying he was a good player, you could see he had all the talent but no striker looks good in 5 minutes here an there. Any game he started he looked decent and quell surprise a run of games for Blackburn and he scores a **** load and gets linked to premier league teams. Would have been a great option in the premier league too.
    Quote Originally Posted by ★★★★★★★★ wrote on Thu, 08 January 2015 10:57
    I'm still owed £50 from Mr bad guy too
    I see Joe Ralls is getting similar treatment now despite being quite talented.

Quote Originally Posted by ★★★★★★★★ wrote on Thu, 08 January 2015 10:57
    I was ridiculed on here for always saying he was a good player, you could see he had all the talent but no striker looks good in 5 minutes here an there. Any game he started he looked decent and quell surprise a run of games for Blackburn and he scores a **** load and gets linked to premier league teams. Would have been a great option in the premier league too.
    Always said he was good.

I'm glad that Rudy is doing well at Blackburn but they do play a system which is more suited to his strengths - they have two wingers including Conway who put in crosses for Rudy to get on the end of. What Rudy also does is set up chances for other players including Rhodes (when he's playing).

Although Chopra got a lot of goals while we were at Ninian Park the contribution of Steve Thompson was often overlooked. He helped set up quite a few chances for Chopra, even though he was not a regular goal scorer

Good luck Rudy I hope we learn from this and do not make the same mistake with Joe Mason

I didn't think much of him when he was here but compared to the dross we've had since he now looks like Eusebio.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi wrote on Thu, 08 January 2015 11:41
    Gestede didn't exactly set the world alight when he played for us. Always a yard off the pace I seem to remember.
    That one game where he pulled his hamstring and he couldnt run, but still won about 5 important headers summed him up for me. He did more in that one half of football than Macheda has done all season.

Quote Originally Posted by ken smith wrote on Thu, 08 January 2015 15:03
    Gestede didn't exactly set the world alight when he played for us. Always a yard off the pace I seem to remember.
    Im not one for saying you dont even go to games etc normally, but how could you tell what his movement off the ball was like without going to games?
    I'm not saying he didn't have his moments and I'm not saying I wouldn't have him back here. Just saying he wasn't that great from what I saw.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi wrote on Thu, 08 January 2015 16:43
    Im not one for saying you dont even go to games etc normally, but how could you tell what his movement off the ball was like without going to games?
    That one game where he pulled his hamstring and he couldnt run, but still won about 5 important headers summed him up for me. He did more in that one half of football than Macheda has done all season.
    He never looked up to his best here because he never got a run in the side, you could see he was talented but didn't have the game time or confidence to show it. He gets a run of game at Blackburn and he scores a shed full.

Quote Originally Posted by ★★★★★★★★ wrote on Thu, 08 January 2015 16:47
    The Gestede Era, as historians will call it in years to come, happened to coincide with there being a stream available for every game.
    How many can you fit in a shed?

24 in 43 appearances

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi wrote on Thu, 08 January 2015 16:48
    Quote Originally Posted by ★★★★★★★★ wrote on Thu, 08 January 2015 16:47
    The Gestede Era, as historians will call it in years to come, happened to coincide with there being a stream available for every game.
    I'm not saying he didn't have his moments and I'm not saying I wouldn't have him back here. Just saying he wasn't that great from what I saw.
    With watching games on the TV and streams though you dont really get to see a lot of the players movements etc unless they have or are near the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree wrote on Thu, 08 January 2015 11:50
    To be honest I think we did all the necessary training and development he needed, then shipped him off just as he was about to reach his potential
    I was another of the minority of Rudy supporters - initially a small and abused band, but now growing by the post into an army of 'told you so's'!

'Bambi on Ice' - a phrase guaranteed to be repeated ad nauseam every time he played.
    We really are the sheep sometimes
    I liked Rudy, and while I'm not usually much into the cult of 'told-you-so' .. well ... some of us did ..