+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Still not assured

Still not assured

It's easy to be swayed by the evangelism of mass meetings. I remember coming out of Ridsdale's meeting in the Brunswick (?) in merthyr Tydfil years ago, bouncing with optimism. I wasn't there tonight so can only comment on hearsay evidence and even that isn't telling me a great deal. I hope it's as good as some people are making it sound but I won't settle until it's signed and sealed and ratified by the FA and all the codicils have been scrutinised but well done (I think) everyone.

Re: Still not assured

Quote Originally Posted by calonlan wrote on Thu, 08 January 2015 20:46
    It's easy to be swayed by the evangelism of mass meetings. I remember coming out of Ridsdale's meeting in the Brunswick (?) in merthyr Tydfil years ago, bouncing with optimism. I wasn't there tonight so can only comment on hearsay evidence and even that isn't telling me a great deal. I hope it's as good as some people are making it sound but I won't settle until it's signed and sealed and ratified by the FA and all the codicils have been scrutinised but well done (I think) everyone.
    But seriously yes I agree

I can't help but fully agree with you.

Not assured, but tan is going to look like an enormous bastard if he says no now. More so.

I can't see someone in Dalmans position saying what he has without already having the backing of Tan.

Tonight was about minimising the embarrassment for Tan having to climb down over the rebrand.

Its happening.

When Dalman said only a weak man wouldn't now build the bridges (paraphrasing) I thought this must be a done deal.

I can't imagine even the City could dangle the dream like this, make it appear so possible and so close and then do nothing. It must be on the agenda now surely. They would look ridiculous if the return to blue didn't happen now. If it doesn't happen now it will lead to more unrest than ever.

Have I missed something? It still doesn't sound solid to me at all.

Sky Sports was even invited in, they reported on the outcome in full summary, interviewed dalman.. If we don't go to full blue, with a predominant bluebird on a new badge, then VT is going to look like an even bigger arsehole than he currently is..

I had terrible codicils once, but a squirt of ointment from the Doc soon cleared them up

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe wrote on Thu, 08 January 2015 21:23
    I had terrible codicils once, but a squirt of ointment from the Doc soon cleared them up

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho's Shell Suit wrote on Thu, 08 January 2015 21:08
    I can't imagine even the City could dangle the dream like this, make it appear so possible and so close and then do nothing. It must be on the agenda now surely. They would look ridiculous if the return to blue didn't happen now. If it doesn't happen now it will lead to more unrest than ever.
    It would lead to the biggest boycott since 21st October 1940 in Fitzwilliam, when young Geoffrey was born.

It sounds promising but until tomorrow morning that's all we can say. From then on we find out if a) it's actually happening, b) how it's happening and c) what exactly does them skipping over debt to equity (again) mean.

How many of you will renew on a promise though?

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho's Shell Suit wrote on Thu, 08 January 2015 21:08
    Tan's revenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo wrote on Thu, 08 January 2015 21:05
    When Dalman said only a weak man wouldn't now build the bridges (paraphrasing) I thought this must be a done deal.
    Either a done deal, or we'll be attending Dalman's funeral a week Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie wrote on Thu, 08 January 2015 21:30
    How many of you will renew on a promise though?
    I've enjoyed weekends a lot since I've stopped going, so I might not renew anyway but I certainly won't renew until the contract is branded on Tan's forehead.

Quote Originally Posted by surge wrote on Thu, 08 January 2015 21:29
    It sounds promising but until tomorrow morning that's all we can say. From then on we find out if a) it's actually happening, b) how it's happening and c) what exactly does them skipping over debt to equity (again) mean.
    It probably means that, in a business sense, converting debt to equity when the equity is probably worth a quarter of the total debt would be a retarded move. If I were Dalman, I'd recommend Tan against it too.