+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Fabio on his way? As well as Marshall

Fabio on his way? As well as Marshall

The omission of David Marshall from the squad just a day or so after reported interest from Everton makes it easy to conjure a conspiracy therory.

But what about Fabio? Does he have a decent value on him. We've signed Scott Malone and played him ahead of Fabio. Declan John has started ahead of him as well.

I'm not sure if it's been reported that he's injured but he missed the 18 yesterday.

He has to be a higher earner.

Re: Fabio on his way? As well as Marshall

There was a whisper at the stadium yesterday that Marshal had already gone late in the afternoon.
    I am not sure how much truth there is in it as he was the guest speaker on level 4 ??

I'm not too fussed either way. Marshall whilst he has been excellent the last 2 seasons I still think we can cope without him. And although Fabio is fun to watch and a player who works his bollocks off, he's stil an accident waiting to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by ★★★★★★★★ wrote on Sun, 11 January 2015 11:53
    I'm not too fussed either way. Marshall whilst he has been excellent the last 2 seasons I still think we can cope without him. And although Fabio is fun to watch and a player who works his bollocks off, he's stil an accident waiting to happen.
    I still like the defenders to be able to defend.

They (the club) said on Radio Wales - he strained or pulled a muscle yesterday and that was the reason - they also said it was NOTHING to do with a transfer to Everton - which I think was correct given what he's said previoulsy

Marshall was at the ground yesterday according to Wales Online.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrong Side of the Severn wrote on Sun, 11 January 2015 12:09
    Did you read any of the posts above?

It would be a shame to see either leave but the Club just cannot sustain the level of salaries.

It appears Tan is attempting to run the Club so it will become self sufficient, therefore the higher earnings will have to go.

It's the deadwood that is a greater concern as nobody else seems to want them.

It does help.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrong Side of the Severn wrote on Sun, 11 January 2015 12:09
    he was indeed, as was fabio

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock wrote on Sun, 11 January 2015 12:11
    Please elaborate. I didn't realise your reported "whisper" was fact.

If any bid comes in for marshall it is only fair he goes.

I like Moore from what I've seen and is joe Lewis only on loan at Blackpool? Has he still been playing?

Quote Originally Posted by Wrong Side of the Severn wrote on Sun, 11 January 2015 13:11
    Try reading the line below the whisper comment.

I would like to see Fabio playing in midfield. Thats our weakness and he may prove to be the answer with his speed and movement.He would keep defenders on their toes.

Quote Originally Posted by valley boy wrote on Sun, 11 January 2015 16:52
    I would like to see Fabio playing in midfield. Thats our weakness and he may prove to be the answer with his speed and movement.He would keep defenders on their toes.
    That is a fair call. The guy can play football and has a decent engine. Anyone would be better than Gunnarson in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock wrote on Sun, 11 January 2015 16:42
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrong Side of the Severn wrote on Sun, 11 January 2015 13:11
    Are you thick?
    You said he was at the ground and so did I so why make an issue of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Wrong Side of the Severn wrote on Sun, 11 January 2015 16:59
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock wrote on Sun, 11 January 2015 16:42
    Are you thick?
    If not you are doing an excellent impression of someone who is.
    I give up.

Fabio lacks decent end product going forward at times imo, I think he'd get better with more game time but not good enough defensively

As has been said Marshall was on Level 4 yesterday and I heard him speak to Derek Brazil on the podium.

He confirmed the reason he wasn't playing was due to an injury that was almost better but not quite and they didn't want to take the risk of bringing him back on that match, giving him another week to get right.

He also said he was disappointed not to play yesterday as it was such a significant match going back to blue.

He also said that he and all the other players were happy we were back in blue and that it would make a big difference.

No suggestion at all that he was on his way. Appreciate this proves nothing either way but this is what was said yesterday.