+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 50 years ago this very evening I saw my first City game.

Re: 50 years ago this very evening I saw my first City game.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT wrote on Tue, 03 February 2015 21:55
    i take it cardiff qualified for the cup winners cup in 1965 by winning the welsh cup, which they won 8 out of 10 seasons consecutively in the sixties, a bit like celtic winning the scottish league every season, only to struggle to qualify to get to the group stages and then get humiliated every year. them were the days
    Quote Originally Posted by splott parker wrote on Tue, 03 February 2015 21:46
    We got to quarter finals twice and the Semis once being beaten by mainly the the 1966 German world cup side playing for SV Hamburg so we were hardly like Celtic never getting to the latter stages and being humiliated every year.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepster wrote on Tue, 03 February 2015 21:20
    If you are going on a wind up with a laughing smiley do some research first.
    Quote Originally Posted by ragbone wrote on Tue, 03 February 2015 20:38
    Oh and Celtic the first British side to win the European cup with all local boys is hardly a club to pick out against your shitty Leeds is it!
    Quote Originally Posted by insider wrote on Tue, 03 February 2015 19:22
    I was there that night, Uwe Seeler winner in 86th minute
    Quote Originally Posted by chris wrote on Tue, 03 February 2015 19:16
    I thought is was Honig not Seeler with the winner
    It was an over the shoulder kick.

i take it cardiff qualified for the cup winners cup in 1965 by winning the welsh cup, which they won 8 out of 10 seasons consecutively in the sixties, a bit like celtic winning the scottish league every season, only to struggle to qualify to get to the group stages and then get humiliated every year. them were the days
    We got to quarter finals twice and the Semis once being beaten by mainly the the 1966 German world cup side playing for SV Hamburg so we were hardly like Celtic never getting to the latter stages and being humiliated every year.
    ****ING OWNED!!!

Me too.

Oh and Celtic the first British side to win the European cup with all local boys is hardly a club to pick out against your shitty Leeds is it!
    It was and it was certainly later than the 86th minute - as soon as City kicked off after the goal, the ref blew for full time.

Quote Originally Posted by Under the Splott-light wrote on Tue, 03 February 2015 19:01
    Your next 50 years of support will not be as enjoyable as your previous 50 years of support, of that I can assure you, those magical days are over my friend.
    That's for each individual to assess not yours to assure!!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales wrote on Tue, 03 February 2015 18:50
    BlueWales,
    My first game was watching us beat Spurs 2-1, a few years previously. After that, I thought this is great we can beat anyone. How little did I know!!!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson wrote on Wed, 04 February 2015 06:48
    Ninian Park, Cardiff

Quote Originally Posted by ragbone wrote on Wed, 04 February 2015 20:28
    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson wrote on Wed, 04 February 2015 06:48
    Wrong, it was Honig with the winner and as soon as we kicked off the ref blew for full time. If there was no injury time whatsoever, their winner was in the 90th minute exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker wrote on Wed, 04 February 2015 20:42
    It was and it was certainly later than the 86th minute - as soon as City kicked off after the goal, the ref blew for full time.
    Wilson made the save but the ball seemed to spin towards the goal.Hope we are right cos the memory is on the wane.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster wrote on Wed, 04 February 2015 20:54
    May 1968
    Google Cardiff City v Hamburg 1968 and a you tube clip of it will come up. Just watched it again to confirm my memories of that night.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker wrote on Wed, 04 February 2015 21:24
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepster wrote on Wed, 04 February 2015 20:54
    May 1968
    Ninian Park, Cardiff
    Yep we are right

Quote Originally Posted by Nottingham_Blue wrote on Wed, 04 February 2015 13:22
    BlueWales,
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales wrote on Tue, 03 February 2015 18:50
    Lots of ups and ( mostly downs ) since then but I wouldn't have missed the ride for anything.
    A rollercoaster ride but never boring mate.