+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: How did the 2 new lads do today?

How did the 2 new lads do today?

Good debuts or out of their depth?

Re: How did the 2 new lads do today?

From the radio commentary it seemed that Doyle did well but missed a couple of decent chances. I didn't hear McAleny mentioned much at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues wrote on Sat, 07 February 2015 18:28
    From the radio commentary it seemed that Doyle did well but missed a couple of decent chances. I didn't hear McAleny mentioned much at all.
    That's because the commentator kept calling him Makelele

They looked OK. The first one to be substituted, can't remember which one it was, had to be told how to do the ayatollah as he left the pitch. The second one wasn't asked to

I thought they were good. Quite a bit of pace and Doyle is a real nuisance for defenders, reminds me of Joe Mason. Peltier looked solid before limping off after 60 minutes. Didn't realise O'keefe was on the pitch til he commited a foul in the 60 something minute. Definitely not going to add much to the centre of the park

Quote Originally Posted by pagraham wrote on Sat, 07 February 2015 23:27
    I thought they were good. Quite a bit of pace and Doyle is a real nuisance for defenders, reminds me of Joe Mason. Peltier looked solid before limping off after 60 minutes. Didn't realise O'keefe was on the pitch til he commited a foul in the 60 something minute. Definitely not going to add much to the centre of the park
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee wrote on Sat, 07 February 2015 23:57
    Quote Originally Posted by pagraham wrote on Sat, 07 February 2015 23:27
    As if there is much to add to anyway. Centre of the park has been abysmal for ages. Whiitinham and Gunners should be dropped and shipped out; new lads and Adeyemi and ralls should be given a go.
    Yes I agree, I though O'Keefe might have been brought in to add some presence to the centre of the park that we've been lacking. Don't think he will though

Both did well . Especially first half. Doyle was close to scoring twice and looks a real threat. Worked hard and linked up well with Jones. Why Slade took him off I have no idea, especially as Jobes, who had work hard, was flagging and given Jones and Revell are both target men and don't link up well.

MacAleny was also busy and showed some nice touches.

O'Keefe worked hard but didn't really get a grip on the middle.
    Peltier was solid again. I'm impressed with him so far.
    Malone was fairly decent and put in a lovely ball for Jones goal.
    I'm more worried about some of our older players.
    Whitts was awful. The number of tackles he pulled out of was embarrassing.
    It didn't help that the pitch was parks standard, but given this he was a complete passenger. It was a day for battlers or pace. He has neither quality.
    Gunnar won a decent amount of ball, but then just kicked it aimlessly.

On the plus side, Manga was excellent ( apart from missing his header- albeit due to being fouled- before their penalty)
    I also thought Moore was superb. A handful of great saves and took a few good catches under pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower wrote on Sun, 08 February 2015 08:00
    Both did well . Especially first half. Doyle was close to scoring twice and looks a real threat. Worked hard and linked up well with Jones. Why Slade took him off I have no idea, especially as Jobes, who had work hard, was flagging and given Jones and Revell are both target men and don't link up well.
    Whittingham and Gunnarson could not play that way.

Good summary

Got a text from a Sheffield Wednesday mate who's a season ticket holder. Said, Jones was our best player by far and a draw flattered us. No shocks for me. This season is all about avoiding relegation. We have 5 massive games this month, Starting with the relegation 6 pointer against Brighton, we must win that one. Lose it and I fear the worse.

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin wrote on Sun, 08 February 2015 09:24
    MacAleny was also busy and showed some nice touches.
    Spedger