+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Positives from the current poor form.

Positives from the current poor form.

Much easier to get in and out of the stadium car park.

Getting a pint is no problem.

Plenty empty seats round if you bring a guest to the game.

( I deliberately didn't say friend, you wouldn't take a friend to watch that shit.)

With all the experience we have in our group from our manager Russ to Trollope (coach) we could well win the odd game in league one after relegation.

Every cloud.

Re: Positives from the current poor form.

If you want somewhere to perform a covert business deal then few are going to notice two individuals paying more attention to the inside of a briefcase than the football, even fewer are going to object.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock wrote on Fri, 13 February 2015 10:44
    Every cloud.

Those of us who can't make it to every home game do not feel that we are missing out.

Plenty of empty seats is not good - it's much draughtier !

The older fans no longer have to go on about what it was like back in the late 80s, etc, the younger fans can now experience it for themselves.

It's been very a long time since 50,000+ people can claim "I was there at the <> game with only 1,500 others on a wet Tuesday night. The Colcheser FA cup game a few weeks ago can be this generation's match. To back this up, I didn't go that night, but I will certainly pretend that I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil1927 wrote on Fri, 13 February 2015 12:42
    The older fans no longer have to go on about what it was like back in the late 80s, etc, the younger fans can now experience it for themselves.
    I went twice

The Mrs can no longer use the "You've been out enjoying yourself all afternoon" argument to get me to do something I don't want to do.

You have no idea what you are talking about.One game does not give you any kind of feeling. Try it season after season then let us know.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick wrote on Fri, 13 February 2015 12:27
    Those of us who can't make it to every home game do not feel that we are missing out.
    It is a blue car crash so I feel an affinity towards it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock wrote on Fri, 13 February 2015 13:25
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick wrote on Fri, 13 February 2015 12:27
    You are missing out watching the car crash.

Quote Originally Posted by valley boy wrote on Fri, 13 February 2015 13:06
    It's been very a long time since 50,000+ people can claim "I was there at the <> game with only 1,500 others on a wet Tuesday night. The Colcheser FA cup game a few weeks ago can be this generation's match. To back this up, I didn't go that night, but I will certainly pretend that I did.

Quote Originally Posted by [Sonte title=Llanedeyrnblue wrote on Fri, 13 February 2015 12:12
    Jimmy the Jock wrote on Fri, 13 February 2015 10:44] Much easier to get in and out of the stadium car park.
    Don't be such a pessimist - of course it can get worse

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock wrote on Fri, 13 February 2015 10:44
    It makes the football coupon a bit easier.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 wrote on Fri, 13 February 2015 12:59
    The Mrs can no longer use the "You've been out enjoying yourself all afternoon" argument to get me to do something I don't want to do.

I no longer have long lost friends/relatives contacting me only because we are due to play Man Utd, Liverpool etc

I'm actually looking forward to a pub lunch and walk with my wife rather than pining for football tomorrow.
    Only cos we aren't playing mind.

Best thing though is the lack of traffic. Home in 20 mins on Tuesday

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower wrote on Fri, 13 February 2015 17:50
    I'm actually looking forward to a pub lunch and walk with my wife rather than pining for football tomorrow.
    I look at it as insurance....

I no longer have vinegar stains on my jumpers after suffering non stop bombardment of pickled onions on football away trips.