+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I was wrong . forcing Tan to give up on the club has proved successful

Re: I was wrong . forcing Tan to give up on the club has proved successful

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa wrote on Fri, 13 February 2015 16:14
    Perhaps when the brains trust mob have finished wiping the egg off collective faces......
    Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.15 wrote on Fri, 13 February 2015 13:43
    I'd say the people that need to wipe egg off their faces are those who gave their unconditional backing to Emperor Tan and his ridiculous re-brand. People like you, in fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman wrote on Fri, 13 February 2015 08:33
    Face it, Sid - you backed the wrong horse. You put your faith in a clueless Malaysian megalomaniac while criticising and abusing those who could see him for what he is, and your decision has come back to bite you on the arse. Big, red chickens have come home to roost. You've got the club you so richly deserve and its a really shitty one. Hard lines.
    Quote Originally Posted by sidhooper7 wrote on Fri, 13 February 2015 01:12
    It was always shitty though, constant failure, we're just back we were and there is little wrong with that either. I don't know about Sid, but I rather enjoyed the promotion season, the premiership misadventure, especially the Man City and Liverpool games.. Good times!! Loved the drama of the re-brand and subsequent de-brand. You missed all that. Hard lines.
    Its like being lectured by someone who used to smoke

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa wrote on Fri, 13 February 2015 16:14
    Perhaps when the brains trust mob have finished wiping the egg off collective faces......
    I'd say the people that need to wipe egg off their faces are those who gave their unconditional backing to Emperor Tan and his ridiculous re-brand. People like you, in fact.
    Face it, Sid - you backed the wrong horse. You put your faith in a clueless Malaysian megalomaniac while criticising and abusing those who could see him for what he is, and your decision has come back to bite you on the arse. Big, red chickens have come home to roost. You've got the club you so richly deserve and its a really shitty one. Hard lines.
    It was always shitty though, constant failure, we're just back we were and there is little wrong with that either. I don't know about Sid, but I rather enjoyed the promotion season, the premiership misadventure, especially the Man City and Liverpool games.. Good times!! Loved the drama of the re-brand and subsequent de-brand. You missed all that. Hard lines.
    I'm not criticising anyone for their stance, I'm criticising people for being miserable. I love all us pobols and want us to be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.15 wrote on Fri, 13 February 2015 16:52
    All this talk of biting on the arse and big red chickens..
    Thinly veiled "I was just pulling your leg all along lads" post imo.

Well done Bob - distancing yourself from the Trust Board member who boasted on tv that the return to blue would bring "the biggest party this city has ever seen" it was deluded drivel so good for you for pretending to know nothing about it and dismissing it for what we all knew it was.
    Reassuring to know that thousands who paid to see Watford weren,t actually there Bob as you say- season ticket holders staying away because of the red of course. As expected these disillusioned thousands returned when the blue returned just as the Trust predicted. Sounds a good theory Bob so yes I will concede that point....... but it means that only 200 non season ticket holders attended the great Fulham return to blue event ??
    So all the bollocks about how many thousands would race back to see the City in blue and its just 200 more turned up and paid to go in?
    And the 5,000 or so that were boycotting the Watford game because of the red are by your reckoning now boycotting again because they got what they wanted but then decided they wanted to see red again or that they think the club is totally screwed and in freefall since the blue mob forced Tan to pull the plug?

As I am not as bright as the intellectual giants in the earlier posts perhaps the Trust and co can help with this question?..

2014-15 season and 18,000 bought season tickets to see a Cardiff City in red compete in the Championship

If all the blue mob are right and fans will come flooding back now we are in blue then in 2015-16 how many season tickets will be sold to watch Cardiff City in blue competing in the Championship?

Will the number of season tickets sold exceed the number of excuses given for a huge drop in sales?

Quote Originally Posted by sidhooper7 wrote on Sat, 14 February 2015 00:06
    As I am not as bright as the intellectual giants in the earlier posts perhaps the Trust and co can help with this question?..
    the only way fans of any club return is with a modicum of success but they are not hardcore fans, tans tenure as owner, will always be the divisive element among the fanbase after the rebrand fiasco. until a new owner, team, and manager are found, things wont change anytime soon. going back to blue is no good if the same lunatic is in charge of the asylum, a clean sweep will be needed .

Sid seems to be forgetting that for the last few seasons we have had artificially high season ticket numbers due to the price freeze.
    A number of people walked away, I suspect that more would've joined them had our season in the sun not been just around the corner.

It's great that we're back in our proper colours, But the premier league glory hunters won't be back until we're back in the prem, if ever. Walk up fans aren't walking up at the moment because we are playing shot, as we were when we were still red.

That's all it is, nothing more complex than that IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 wrote on Sat, 14 February 2015 03:24
    Sid seems to be forgetting that for the last few seasons we have had artificially high season ticket numbers due to the price freeze.
    Sid's just trying to deflect from his embarrassing backing of Tan's deluded strategy by blaming the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo wrote on Sat, 14 February 2015 08:53
    Quote Originally Posted by TH63 wrote on Sat, 14 February 2015 03:24
    A number of people walked away, I suspect that more would've joined them had our season in the sun not been just around the corner.
    He's got a couple of quotes made about two months ago and that's it.

Weren't we in the Prem when they bought STs?

Quote Originally Posted by sidhooper7 wrote on Fri, 13 February 2015 23:57
    Well done Bob - distancing yourself from the Trust Board member who boasted on tv that the return to blue would bring "the biggest party this city has ever seen" it was deluded drivel so good for you for pretending to know nothing about it and dismissing it for what we all knew it was.
    Either a drink or drugs problem here. Lets leave Sid sobbing in his free red scarf.

A jock talking about someone else having a drink problem??
    Anyway - mines a bitter if you're buying - but not quite as bitter as The Lone Gunman - he reckons its all YOUR fault we are in freefall. You fans have got the club you deserve............strange how he agrees with me - thats exactly what I am saying!!

The fans poll in the Echo just published makes it clear - everyone thinks the club is going backwards proving the return to blue has been a disaster for Cardiff City - no matter the Fans Trust and their fellow travellers are all in hiding!!

Look who's back from the pub talking shite again

imagine hating the return to blue...

Ah I see - you are back from the pub - OK heres the bit you missed at the start of the thread:-
    "I honestly thought the fans groups should play a long game and try to persuade Tan to change shirt colours over time or look for a compromise of red and blue."

The "lets force Tan to implement "red or dead" for me was always a doomed and clueless strategy - the fans groups had no plan - just deluded drivel about thousands of fans coming back to the club - all looking like bullshit foolishness just weeks later.
    But carry on with the excuses and self justification - as if that will stop the current freefall!

How was Tan forced, sid?

Quote Originally Posted by sidhooper7 wrote on Mon, 16 February 2015 00:12
    Ah I see - you are back from the pub - OK heres the bit you missed at the start of the thread:-
    Please explain if you're not too pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by sidhooper7 wrote on Sun, 15 February 2015 23:41
    2. If Vincent Tan has been forced into a red or dead policy, why did he allow Russell Slade to spend around £1 million on new players last month?

Sid are you and your red "pals" going to hold up your red scarves on 2012 every game to try and get your true colours back.It worked for us blues

If all the blue mob are right......

Quote Originally Posted by lardy wrote on Mon, 16 February 2015 00:19
    How was Tan forced, sid?
    Cos his mum threatened to take his play station away and send him to bed, keep up FFs

Quote Originally Posted by sidhooper7 wrote on Mon, 16 February 2015 00:12
    It is only a colour FFS ,