+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 'Name-your-own-price' sales model

'Name-your-own-price' sales model

Has anyone got any experience with the sales model where the customer decides how much they want to pay for a product/service?

I've changed my social media posting service over to this model and I know it once worked well for a Radiohead album download a few years ago but does anyone have any personal experience with that particular sales model?

I was hoping it would be interesting enough to generate a bit of publicity for my website but I'm not 100% sure what to expect from it.

Re: 'Name-your-own-price' sales model

Feck knows what Slade and his team would get in this system?

Banned

Will your clients have money? If so go for it.
    If your clients are gonna be a bunch of dead beats from the valleys then no way bruv

Quote Originally Posted by nugent wrote on Sun, 08 March 2015 13:11
    Well I sell to businesses so they shouldn't be too short of money and I suppose I could always refuse a bid if they're knowingly taking the piss.

When they tried this in a restaurant people paid more for the service than the menu price

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi wrote on Sun, 08 March 2015 13:18
    If your clients are gonna be a bunch of dead beats from the valleys then no way bruv
    If you can refuse a sale then crack on. Watch the legalities mind if you advertise a product and then Fack them off cos they only want to pay a penny

Quote Originally Posted by nugent wrote on Sun, 08 March 2015 13:21
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi wrote on Sun, 08 March 2015 13:18
    Well I sell to businesses so they shouldn't be too short of money and I suppose I could always refuse a bid if they're knowingly taking the piss.
    That's a good point. Perhaps I should change the wording to "pay what you think it's worth" to avoid legal problems. I doubt they could argue in court that a they think a months worth of work is worth 1p or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi wrote on Sun, 08 March 2015 13:08
    Has anyone got any experience with the sales model where the customer decides how much they want to pay for a product/service?
    As far as music goes - Bandcamp do it on their website.

Quote Originally Posted by saganspirit wrote on Sun, 08 March 2015 13:42
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi wrote on Sun, 08 March 2015 13:08
    I've changed my social media posting service over to this model and I know it once worked well for a Radiohead album download a few years ago but does anyone have any personal experience with that particular sales model?
    Cheers, I'll have to check that out, see how they're set up with it.

It works quite well. I bought a brand new Lamborghini for £3.99. Can't fault it really.

I have experience of this also, my traveller friend Henry who resides at Rover Way was struggling for names for his baby daughter so he asked me for advice, I suggested 'Katleeeeen' which is also his sisters name and he went for it, his daughter was Christened 'Katleeeeen Price' on Thursday just gone.