+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cheating Leeds United

Re: Cheating Leeds United

Also amazing to see there is no problem for Leeds to take their full allocation for the game at Wolves this evening.

From the many mutterings i've heard away from this messageboard this particular fixture was earmarked by many of the Cardiff 'old boys' as a day of fun and games on the choo choo, similar to how the Chelsea pensioners arranged to meet up for one last pop at a 1980's revival when we played them in the cup, look what happened then, with the intelligence no doubt at hand I can understand the over zealous nature of the police on this occasion, and no i'm not an **** poster, neither do I usually post this kind of shit.

cardiff will turn up with the usual crap away support behind them, your day was in in 2002 when you knocked leeds out of the fa cup, when leeds were top of the premier league, it will always go down in cardiff folklore.

but the reality is very simple, leeds as a massive army of fans who travel a lot further than cardiff will ever do, there is no comparison trying to compete with a club who have not done every club in britain, but europe as well.

Quote Originally Posted by chris wrote on Mon, 06 April 2015 19:52
    cardiff will turn up with the usual crap away support behind them, your day was in in 2002 when you knocked leeds out of the fa cup, when leeds were top of the premier league, it will always go down in cardiff folklore.
    Are you laughing at your own jokes?

no laughing at a guy who knows where the drysalters is, i bet you go in every week with the cardiff shirt on.

As by far the largest single club city in the league your support is distinctly average. And bolstered by the middle-aged glory hunters you've picked up it's quite poor really.

What's the average away fans attendance for you this season? How many fans have talked about maybe boycotting the trip because your club are taking the piss?

Quote Originally Posted by Under the Splott-light wrote on Mon, 06 April 2015 19:13
    From the many mutterings i've heard away from this messageboard this particular fixture was earmarked by many of the Cardiff 'old boys' as a day of fun and games on the choo choo, similar to how the Chelsea pensioners arranged to meet up for one last pop at a 1980's revival when we played them in the cup, look what happened then, with the intelligence no doubt at hand I can understand the over zealous nature of the police on this occasion, and no i'm not an **** poster, neither do I usually post this kind of shit.
    cheers good effort see you next time we lose

It`s been our day for 31 years you phuckwit.

Quote Originally Posted by poc wrote on Mon, 06 April 2015 20:34
    Quote Originally Posted by Under the Splott-light wrote on Mon, 06 April 2015 19:13
    No idea what this nonsense you've posted above has to do with what i've written.

Quote Originally Posted by insider wrote on Mon, 06 April 2015 21:00
    when you have won what leeds have won, or achieved, then come back again ****wit ok.

Quote Originally Posted by chris wrote on Tue, 07 April 2015 00:22
    http://www.leedsunited-mad.co.uk/head_to_head/leeds_united/v s/cardiff_city/index.shtml
    You know this is a Cardiff City Messageboard yes?

leeds have won a league title in that time and been in europe on numerous occasions.
    just saying

http://www.leedsunited-mad.co.uk/head_to_head/leeds_united/v s/cardiff_city/index.shtml
    Are you actually retarded?! Leeds are shite, with a shockingly poor record against us and absolute scum you knows it deep down butt. Poor attempt at a wind up

31 years phuckwit

Ya, great club:--

The star witness was Gary Sprake. 'I was quite surprised by the amount of information they had,' Sprake says. 'Richard Stott asked me to get involved, but everything was already written, really.' Sprake told Stott that there had been attempts to fix the Wolves game - a claim he subsequently retracted - as well as several other matches. Jim Barron, the Nottingham Forest goalkeeper, meanwhile said that Billy Bremner had been sent to the Forest dressing room before a game in the 1971 title race to persuade his opponents to 'go easy'. The request was rejected. Alan Ball, meanwhile, revealed clandestine meetings with Revie on Saddleworth Moor in the mid-1960s, when Revie wanted to sign him from Blackpool. Revie also sent weekly £100 bribes to Ball's home as part of his attempt to tap him up. The FA fined Ball £3,000, even though he had ended up at Everton, and not Revie's Leeds.

Great club, my arse.

But Leeds' brand of football made them hated by many. It was a high-tempo pressing game that suffocated opponents and overwhelmed those that tried to outpass them. If your side tried to kick them, Leeds would kick back twice as hard. They feigned injuries, harassed officials and pinched, kicked and hit opponents. The image of 'Dirty Leeds' was reinforced on the terraces, where their supporters earned a reputation for viciousness. George Best claimed that the only time he needed to wear shinpads was when he played Leeds. 'I hated playing against them, I really did,' he said. 'They also had a hell of a lot of skill, too, but they were still a bloody nightmare.' When Leeds played Everton in the so-called 'Battle of Goodison' in November 1964, the referee pulled the teams off for a 'cooling-down period' after a chest-high tackle by Willie Bell left Everton's Derek Temple unconscious (Everton's captain, Brian Labone, once told me that he and his colleagues initially thought Bell had killed Temple, so brutal was the assault

Some more.

Chris - no don't wear any replica shirts. At 56 I grew out of that years ago. Go in the Drysalters quite a bit, meeting mates. Lived up here since 95' - opened up the Majestyk. Have lots of Leeds supporting mates all of whom have the same old 'Back where we belong' attitude - wearing a bit thin with them now though - reality setting in.

Still looking forward to my day out Saturday - and our normal 3 points :)

So is the club officially boycotting the fixture from a away supporters point of view?