+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mason

Re: Mason

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin wrote on Sun, 12 April 2015 19:00
    Could it be that someone who has been out for months through injury is improving bit by bit as he gets his match legs back?
    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson wrote on Sun, 12 April 2015 18:47
    All I know is that only, possibly, Kenwyne Jones has looked a better striker for us this season than Joe Mason was for us in 2011/12 - based on what the very highly paid LeFondre, Macheda, Maynard, Guerra etc. have shown us this season, give me a fit and confident Mason any day of the week.
    Mason was nearly always used as a lone striker by Dougie Freedman at Bolton, something which I'd say is hardly playing to his strengths,

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin wrote on Sun, 12 April 2015 19:00
    Could it be that someone who has been out for months through injury is improving bit by bit as he gets his match legs back?
    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson wrote on Sun, 12 April 2015 18:47
    All I know is that only, possibly, Kenwyne Jones has looked a better striker for us this season than Joe Mason was for us in 2011/12 - based on what the very highly paid LeFondre, Macheda, Maynard, Guerra etc. have shown us this season, give me a fit and confident Mason any day of the week.
    Nonsense. Better off giving up this particular tirade now and give your keyboard a rest.

I reckon both Mason and Doyle would work better with a target man alongside them. That goes for Macheda too, although the target man in that case needs to also be a workhorse.
    If Jones goes in the summer Slade needs to bring a replacement in to fight it out with Revell for that spot.