+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Who are you voting for in May.

Re: Who are you voting for in May.

Does anyone consider the best candidate for their area not from the party they want running the country? Would you vote for your area or vote for a colour hoping to effect the prime minister?

Quote Originally Posted by alfie sherwood wrote on Sat, 14 February 2015 14:19
    Some shameful but predictable responses from people in this thread who are either selfish bastards or simply ignorant ones. Austerity is hitting ordinary people in all sorts of ways and it is going to get much worse in the next couple of years.
    Linking it to another of your posts, it's because politicians (and by extension, people) spend too much time only looking out for their bit. Young people feel older people are prioritised, old people feel young people are...whatever. Too many pointless divisions and not enough social responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyhorse wrote on Sat, 14 February 2015 21:59
    I dont know any that have Suffered under austerity. If anything cuts to welfare have forced them to go out and improve their lives, so they are better off.
    Quote Originally Posted by archibald leitch wrote on Sat, 14 February 2015 21:57
    What about the tens of thouands that have lost their jobs, the tens of thousands that have had thier pay cut, the people that have been made homeless through the bedroom tax, the people who have had treatment delayed through cuts in health, the people who have been excluded from education, the prople that have lost their library, leisure centre etc --- the list goes on and on.
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyhorse wrote on Sat, 14 February 2015 21:56
    What about the hundreds and hundreds of thousands that have found jobs - should we just ignore those?
    Quote Originally Posted by archibald leitch wrote on Sat, 14 February 2015 21:47
    Yes. Most of them are just made up. - not 'proper jobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyhorse wrote on Sat, 14 February 2015 21:43
    Changing a few definitions of 'employed / unemployed' ... Bish bash bosh.
    Quote Originally Posted by archibald leitch wrote on Sat, 14 February 2015 21:38
    An age old slimy Tory con trick.
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyhorse wrote on Sat, 14 February 2015 20:29
    What's a 'proper' job?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. wrote on Sat, 14 February 2015 19:59
    A job that pays a decent wage and provides enough hours of work for the empolyee to earn a living from the job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue wrote on Sat, 14 February 2015 10:47
    So if I worked in KFC for 20hrs a week it would not be classed as a proper job in your eyes?
    Quote Originally Posted by archibald leitch wrote on Sat, 14 February 2015 09:08
    How pray tell have you drawn that conclusion? would you like to re-read what i said and comment again?
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dragon wrote on Fri, 13 February 2015 10:19
    Easy, you have set out a bench mark and if they are not met then it's not a proper job. Read my reply again then comment.
    Please define

What a CRETIN..........your username(cretin hop) suits

The Eton boys are skating on thin ice with peoples lives, they won't drown though , they will be fine so everyone remain calm

Quote Originally Posted by surge wrote on Sat, 14 February 2015 22:15
    Some shameful but predictable responses from people in this thread who are either selfish bastards or simply ignorant ones. Austerity is hitting ordinary people in all sorts of ways and it is going to get much worse in the next couple of years.
    Quote Originally Posted by alfie sherwood wrote on Sat, 14 February 2015 14:19
    I suggest the austerity deniers attend any health board meeting in Wales (they are open to the general public - I attend them as an observer in a professional capacity all the time) and listen to the impact that austerity is having on the basic functionality of the Welsh NHS - something that will affect us all, either directly or indirectly, at some point.
    Anyway, back to tax cuts - we are a much more self obssessed society than we were when I was young and I'm sure a promise of more money in your pocket, despite the consequences that will be visited on vital public services as a result, will be enough to clinch the votes of many.

For those of us who want a change to our political system I think we need to accept the basic premise that virulent consumerism is here to stay. We are bombarded with advertising messages from morning to night. The growth of the internet/social networking sites and the vast array of TV channels has seen to that.

Inevitably it follows that people - consumers - will, understandably, wish to retain as much of their earnings as possible. Any change to the way in which we're governed will need to reflect that.

Where I think there are opportunities to re-engage the population, who are currently so disconnected from the broad subject of politics, is around the disparity between executive pay and what the average worker earns. A report published last year showed that, on average, British executives earn an obscene 162 times more than the average workers salary.
    http://rt.com/uk/172716-income-inequality-widening-gap/ Information like this should be shouted from the rooftops. The average Brit may no longer be working in dark satanic mills or down coal mines for 16 hours a day but they are still being royally ****ed over by a system that allows such a disparity. A system that company employees could change tomorrow if they were properly united or elected people who will change it on their behalf. Is any chief exec really worth more than 10 times the average salary of somebody in his or hers employ?

I also think that people would be engaged by politicians offering legislation that ensured if a set percentage of a workforce voted for their company to become a co-operative or a partnership (along John Lewis lines) then the transition to this fairer system would become legally binding.

Unfortunately, our mainstream politicians are a million miles away from actually having the kahunas to upset their rich and powerful mates by introducing such measures.

Greens for me due to their policies.

Not that I agree with all of their policies but, for me personally, I have decided not to vote tactically and go with the party most aligned to my beliefs and principles.

I may even consider getting involved in the Green party on my return to living in the UK full time.

My only fear is that the Greens may be tempted to form a coalition and that sends shivers down my spine.

UKIP doing far better than I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by archibald leitch wrote on Sat, 14 February 2015 21:47
    I dont know any that have Suffered under austerity. If anything cuts to welfare have forced them to go out and improve their lives, so they are better off.
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyhorse wrote on Sat, 14 February 2015 21:43
    What about the tens of thouands that have lost their jobs, the tens of thousands that have had thier pay cut, the people that have been made homeless through the bedroom tax, the people who have had treatment delayed through cuts in health, the people who have been excluded from education, the prople that have lost their library, leisure centre etc --- the list goes on and on.
    Quote Originally Posted by archibald leitch wrote on Sat, 14 February 2015 21:38
    What about the hundreds and hundreds of thousands that have found jobs - should we just ignore those?
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyhorse wrote on Sat, 14 February 2015 20:29
    Yes. Most of them are just made up. - not 'proper jobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. wrote on Sat, 14 February 2015 19:59
    Changing a few definitions of 'employed / unemployed' ... Bish bash bosh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue wrote on Sat, 14 February 2015 10:47
    An age old slimy Tory con trick.
    Quote Originally Posted by archibald leitch wrote on Sat, 14 February 2015 09:08
    What's a 'proper' job?
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dragon wrote on Fri, 13 February 2015 10:19
    A job that pays a decent wage and provides enough hours of work for the empolyee to earn a living from the job.
    2. Define "earning a living"

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY wrote on Sun, 15 February 2015 05:36
    The Eton boys are skating on thin ice with peoples lives, they won't drown though , they will be fine so everyone remain calm
    People who have shit their own pants in public shouldn't complain about others farts.

Quote Originally Posted by archibald leitch wrote on Sat, 14 February 2015 09:10
    Ive got no idea. Tories are dicks. Lib Dems cant be trusted and Labour have a leader with as much charisma as a sponge. No-one else really has a chance..Thinking maybe the greens, or possibly Plaid, although have no loyalty either way
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue wrote on Sat, 14 February 2015 09:05
    So will you be votong based on charisma of candidates, or policies? will you be voting for the leader or the local candidate that your vote will actually elect?
    Quote Originally Posted by archibald leitch wrote on Sat, 14 February 2015 08:58
    For me that is the problem in that politics has become a media show with the leaders profile becoming an issue. The TV debates became such a spectacle last time around that I genuinly believe that they became a deciding factor for many voters, possibly because many people now consider the parties well nigh indistinguishable that the profile of the leader is actually an issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBearPig wrote on Thu, 12 February 2015 18:56
    For what it is worth ,my decision to go Green this time around is due to the work done in my constituency at a local level and therefore they deserve my vote.
    Mussolini would be proud of the fascist stuff these guys want to force on us. Bunch of dicks.

Ukip

Quote Originally Posted by Welshcake. wrote on Thu, 19 February 2015 18:27

Anyone changed their mind from their original vote?

Make sure you register by the 20th April if you havent already -

https://www.gov.uk/register-to-vote

Quote Originally Posted by babyloncardiff wrote on Wed, 15 April 2015 16:21
    Vote Plaid, Vote Green, Vote Lib Dem, Vote UKIP, dont vote the Red Tories back into power.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dragon wrote on Wed, 15 April 2015 16:46
    Welsh poll published today: http://www.itv.com/news/wales/update/2015-04-15/poll-shows-l abour-maintaining-lead-in-wales/
    Quote Originally Posted by babyloncardiff wrote on Wed, 15 April 2015 16:21
    ****in morons, will we never learn. They have put wales on the backfoot. I despair.
    Voting UKIP would be a far bigger disaster for Wales than sleepwalking to yet another Labour victory.

Quote Originally Posted by Welshcake. wrote on Thu, 12 February 2015 16:11
    I can't believe that there are people actually voting for UKIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by surge wrote on Thu, 12 February 2015 16:06
    Ordinary people have been the victims of the main parties for the last number of years and UKIP are saying they'll protect those ordinary (and now desperate) people. If you don't look closer than that they seem like a great party.
    Quote Originally Posted by Welshcake. wrote on Thu, 12 February 2015 16:03
    human rights was kidnapped under Blair at the behest of his letterbox gobbed wife.