+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Yet more reason to vote Conservative next week

Re: Yet more reason to vote Conservative next week

Quote Originally Posted by Colon Man wrote on Mon, 04 May 2015 15:29
    It's ironic that Ceiliog votes Conservative yet married a woman who looks like a Rhondda collier. It's lucky for him, though, that she earns money for the household, while he pulls in £13K playing Monopoly.
    You best not carry on with defamatory statements about how my wife looks, what she does or doesn't earn and what my companies turnover is.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue wrote on Mon, 04 May 2015 15:43
    It's ironic that Ceiliog votes Conservative yet married a woman who looks like a Rhondda collier. It's lucky for him, though, that she earns money for the household, while he pulls in £13K playing Monopoly.
    (cue: totally, utterly, sick, sad, stalker)
    you probably need to calm down somewhat

I realise that you learnt the word 'defamatory' last week. Now it's time to find out what it means, you fat pauper.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue wrote on Sat, 02 May 2015 21:22
    Cards on the table, despite having no love for the Labour Party and not feeling particularly inspired by any of the other alternatives, there is something that really grips my shit about ordinary working people choosing to vote Tory and then coming onto an internet messageboard and giving it the big one like some latter day lords of the realm.
    Quote Originally Posted by alfie sherwood wrote on Sat, 02 May 2015 21:11
    I think there are probably a number of different reasons why, but I can't quote work out whether it's their selfishness, their ignorance, their social climbing, their shallow pursuit of money, their forelock tugging in the face of authority or their placing of material wealth at the heart of everything. Above all though I think it's the fact that the stupid bastards actually believe that a party that is still steeped in outdated convention and an inbuilt desire to look after their wealthiest establishment mates is in any way genuinely concerned about ordinary people.
    Well classy, aintcha?

Quote Originally Posted by Colon Man wrote on Mon, 04 May 2015 15:47
    You best not carry on with defamatory statements about how my wife looks, what she does or doesn't earn and what my companies turnover is.
    Which is about everything you bleat on every single post I make on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue wrote on Mon, 04 May 2015 15:59
    I realise that you learnt the word 'defamatory' last week. Now it's time to find out what it means, you fat pauper.
    Look up the definitions of libel and slander, then ask someone whose brain isn't made of porridge to explain the definitions to you.. And stop eating so much, you fast pig.

Quote Originally Posted by Colon Man wrote on Mon, 04 May 2015 16:02
    Could you inform your audience what is big and clever about making up lies about other people.
    The children are at it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie wrote on Mon, 04 May 2015 16:03
    Could you inform your audience what is big and clever about making up lies about other people.
    What exactly are you getting off on by doing this constantly? You are not a well person that's for sure.
    Child not children. As far as I can see there is only one person constantly handing out pathetic abuse on here and that's Calonlans.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue wrote on Mon, 04 May 2015 16:04
    What exactly are you getting off on by doing this constantly? You are not a well person that's for sure.
    Defamatory - libellous, slanderous.

No, as I said originally, children.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie wrote on Mon, 04 May 2015 16:15
    If you are including Kiffa, then you are correct. Children.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue wrote on Mon, 04 May 2015 16:43
    Look up the definitions of libel and slander, then ask someone whose brain isn't made of porridge to explain the definitions to you.. And stop eating so much, you fast pig.
    No, he thinks we're all behaving like childish twats and he's quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by Colon Man wrote on Mon, 04 May 2015 16:46
    There's only one person acting like a childish **** on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Colon Man wrote on Mon, 04 May 2015 16:46
    CCMB is the last place I'm going to take life seriously

This thread really has given me a lot of food for thought.

Quote Originally Posted by grangelad wrote on Mon, 04 May 2015 13:34
    You know exactly why an "independent" won BG in 2004. Don't be si disingenuous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue wrote on Sun, 03 May 2015 12:12
    No matter what the reasoning for it was, it knocks the claim that 'everyone in the valleys blindly votes labour without thinking every time' clean out of the stadium. It is complete nonsense.
    Quote Originally Posted by archibald leitch wrote on Sun, 03 May 2015 12:05
    Clearly the people of blaenau gwent do think about how they vote and do not always vote labour.
    Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue wrote on Sun, 03 May 2015 11:56
    Long a Labour stronghold, in 1983 and 1992 the seat was the safest Labour seat in the UK. In 1992 for example, Llew Smith was elected with 79% of the popular vote and a 30,067 majority. There was however a glitch in Labour's dominance in the seat, which started in 2005 when Labour's Peter Law who represented the seat in the Welsh Assembly, and who had resigned from the party in protest at the imposition of an "all female shortlist" during the selection process to succeed Llew Smith who retired as MP in 2005. Law ran as an independent and was elected as MP in a shock win in that year's General Election, turning a 19,313 Labour majority into a 9,121 Independent majority. Law died in 2006, and in the by-election that followed his election agent, Dai Davies, was elected as an MP for Blaenau Gwent People's Voice to replace him. Labour's Nick Smith won the seat back convincingly in the 2010 General Election.
    I apologise for prolonging this thread but the unnecessary, abusive exchanges that followed my OP seem to have obscured the point which is that taking another's written work without attribution so that it appears to be yours is plagiarism and unacceptable. Perhaps the poster, in haste, forgot to attribute the quote to the original author, Gareth Hughes, nevertheless it is a point to bear in mind when writing on this board or elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by grangelad wrote on Tue, 05 May 2015 14:08
    You know exactly why an "independent" won BG in 2004. Don't be si disingenuous.
    Quote Originally Posted by grangelad wrote on Mon, 04 May 2015 13:34
    No matter what the reasoning for it was, it knocks the claim that 'everyone in the valleys blindly votes labour without thinking every time' clean out of the stadium. It is complete nonsense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue wrote on Sun, 03 May 2015 12:12
    Clearly the people of blaenau gwent do think about how they vote and do not always vote labour.
    Quote Originally Posted by archibald leitch wrote on Sun, 03 May 2015 12:05
    Long a Labour stronghold, in 1983 and 1992 the seat was the safest Labour seat in the UK. In 1992 for example, Llew Smith was elected with 79% of the popular vote and a 30,067 majority. There was however a glitch in Labour's dominance in the seat, which started in 2005 when Labour's Peter Law who represented the seat in the Welsh Assembly, and who had resigned from the party in protest at the imposition of an "all female shortlist" during the selection process to succeed Llew Smith who retired as MP in 2005. Law ran as an independent and was elected as MP in a shock win in that year's General Election, turning a 19,313 Labour majority into a 9,121 Independent majority. Law died in 2006, and in the by-election that followed his election agent, Dai Davies, was elected as an MP for Blaenau Gwent People's Voice to replace him. Labour's Nick Smith won the seat back convincingly in the 2010 General Election.
    Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue wrote on Sun, 03 May 2015 11:56
    For the sake of accuracy, this is a verbatim quote from The Welsh Political Almanac which is published by Gareth Hughes.
    You are quite correct and I offer my sincere apologies to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue wrote on Sat, 02 May 2015 21:33
    Cards on the table, despite having no love for the Labour Party and not feeling particularly inspired by any of the other alternatives, there is something that really grips my shit about ordinary working people choosing to vote Tory and then coming onto an internet messageboard and giving it the big one like some latter day lords of the realm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiffa wrote on Sat, 02 May 2015 21:30
    I think there are probably a number of different reasons why, but I can't quote work out whether it's their selfishness, their ignorance, their social climbing, their shallow pursuit of money, their forelock tugging in the face of authority or their placing of material wealth at the heart of everything. Above all though I think it's the fact that the stupid bastards actually believe that a party that is still steeped in outdated convention and an inbuilt desire to look after their wealthiest establishment mates is in any way genuinely concerned about ordinary people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue wrote on Sat, 02 May 2015 21:22
    I also don't buy into this bollocks that if you're a hard worker - a striver - that you've automatically got to become a Tory. Myself and plenty of my friends would fit the stereotype of people who've worked hard, done well for ourselves but, funnily enough, with few exceptions think that the role of government is to significantly raise the standard of living for everybody not just a select few.
    Quote Originally Posted by alfie sherwood wrote on Sat, 02 May 2015 21:11
    I bet your mam and dad and your nan and gramps all voted Labour. Come what may.
    How does one rub a brain cell together?