+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chuka Umunna

Feedback

Re: Chuka Umunna

There's lots of numbers that don't mean anything. Can you point me to the summary part that supports your claim. I can then read that part in further detail

Quote Originally Posted by Lt Col Kojak Slaphead III wrote on Thu, 23 July 2015 18:15
    There's lots of numbers that don't mean anything. Can you point me to the summary part that supports your claim. I can then read that part in further detail
    table 1, page 6 and Table 5 page 12

Feedback

according to table 5, only 31% are elite and middle class, the rest are working class or working class made good.

Quote Originally Posted by archibald leitch wrote on Wed, 22 July 2015 17:39
    It struck me reading the reports of the leadership election and how chaotic its has become ,and incredibly Jeremy Corbyn winning , the Tories and the right wing press must be praying for this moment , they will have a bigger field day ,than they did with Ed Miliband and his left of center leaning thoughts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt Col Kojak Slaphead III wrote on Wed, 22 July 2015 17:07
    Could it be that Chuka Umunna had inkling or was advised he could easily get beat and stood back to avoid a damaging defeat to the left of the party, only to rise form the ashes in a quick second election , or lead a new right center / Liberals party ???
    Quote Originally Posted by archibald leitch wrote on Wed, 22 July 2015 17:00
    Chuckup's politics mean he would comfortably fit in with the Tories if he so chose to do. No problem with that, but if that is what you want, join the Tories.
    Quote Originally Posted by ragbone wrote on Wed, 22 July 2015 14:09
    The whole point of Labour is to be a left wing alternative to the Tories. Some people seem to think that a Left wing Labour party will never get elected (i disagree). But if that is the case, so be it. There is absolutley ZERO point in the existence of a right wing Labour Party.
    If we had fair representation then you could stick solidly to your principles, but with FPTP you have to use the system as its a terrible way of doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lt Col Kojak Slaphead III wrote on Thu, 23 July 2015 14:03
    Archie
    Could have sworn it was less than 25%.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson wrote on Sat, 25 July 2015 08:08
    Archie
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt Col Kojak Slaphead III wrote on Thu, 23 July 2015 14:03
    37% of the electorate voted for the Tories. I'd say a large part of that would be the working classes.
    apologies, 37% of the electorate that voted. I notice you chose not to make the same point about 30% who voted labour. It's as almost as if you can't look at these things objectively. who'd have thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Lt Col Kojak Slaphead III wrote on Sat, 25 July 2015 08:26
    Archie
    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson wrote on Sat, 25 July 2015 08:08
    37% of the electorate voted for the Tories. I'd say a large part of that would be the working classes.
    Why should I? They are not the party who have been given the right to do largely what they please, despite having less than one in four of the electorate vote for them. The system was wrong in 1997 when Labour's "landslide" saw them returned with under 31% of eligible votes and it's even more wrong after this year's election.

Quote Originally Posted by NECS wrote on Thu, 23 July 2015 15:35
    On Channel Four News last night Chuka categorically ruled out serving in a Corbyn led Shadow Cabinet as has Liz Kendall and I'm sure Burnham and Cooper will be doing the same as well in the very near future. Who exactly would make up Jeremy's Front Bench apart from Denis Skinnner and the ludicrous Diane Abbott ? As someone who in the end did vote Labour at the last Election (as opposed to some of the politically pure Keyboard Commissars on here) I have to admit there is something absolutely fascinating about all this. It's like watching a four and a half year long train crash unfold in super slow-mo with inevitable disaster waiting at the end of it.
    Having Liz Kendall and Chuka Umunna say they would not serve in a Corbyn led Shadow Cabinet would certainly not make me less likely to vote Labour - quite the opposite in fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Lt Col Kojak Slaphead III wrote on Sat, 25 July 2015 08:26
    Archie
    You were not debating Labour though, were you, you were claiming that if 37% of the electorte voted Tory then many of them will have been working class. Now it has been pointed out that it was only 37% of those that voted (should have known to check the stats you gave given your history) you aregument is even weaker.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by archibald leitch wrote on Sat, 25 July 2015 08:48
    Archie
    apologies, 37% of the electorate that voted. I notice you chose not to make the same point about 30% who voted labour. It's as almost as if you can't look at these things objectively. who'd have thought.
    my argument is perfectly sound, 65% voting is a very good approximation to the electorate as a whole

Quote Originally Posted by Lt Col Kojak Slaphead III wrote on Sat, 25 July 2015 08:50
    Archie
    Quote Originally Posted by archibald leitch wrote on Sat, 25 July 2015 08:48
    You were not debating Labour though, were you, you were claiming that if 37% of the electorte voted Tory then many of them will have been working class. Now it has been pointed out that it was only 37% of those that voted (should have known to check the stats you gave given your history) you aregument is even weaker.
    As usual, when you are proven wrong, you come up with a distraction by using a TOTALLY DIFFERENT SCENARIO, rather than defend your position.

Feedback

I don't need to defend my position as it is sound. What scale factor we apply to the tories has to be applied to labour.

I'm just pointing out the absurdity of your position today considering you've argued against it so vociferously in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Lt Col Kojak Slaphead III wrote on Sat, 25 July 2015 09:33
    I don't need to defend my position as it is sound. What scale factor we apply to the tories has to be applied to labour.
    The point you were originally trying to make was that a large proportion of the working class voted Tory but you have provided no evidence what so ever to back that up. You want to make assumptions about who people who did not vote want to form a government. Given the myriad of reasons for not voting ina general election your aassumptions have no grounding in reality.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by archibald leitch wrote on Sat, 25 July 2015 09:47
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt Col Kojak Slaphead III wrote on Sat, 25 July 2015 09:33
    I'm just pointing out the absurdity of your position today considering you've argued against it so vociferously in the past.
    now relating to point 3 if you are saying no inference can be made then I would assume that you also agree that if 75% don't vote in a union ballot then the ballot has no credence. That is if you apply your rules consistently rather than just pick and choose when they are to apply just to suit your own agenda. You have form in this regard and you do it repeatedly. It makes your arguments look whimsical rather than have any basis in fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Lt Col Kojak Slaphead III wrote on Sat, 25 July 2015 10:27
    of course they do, you just don't like the conclusions drawn. let me recap as it appears you have lost your way and are struggling to follow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt Col Kojak Slaphead III wrote on Sat, 25 July 2015 10:27
    1. The toreis polled 37% of those that voted. That is an awful lot of votes and would indicate that the working classes are voting tory.
    It indicates that 37% of those that voted, voted tory. Nothing more, nothing less. You are drawing conclusions based on precisely nothing.
    2. whether you think it is 37% or 25% is neither here nor there as of the 65% who voted , 37% voted Tory
    Sorry you have taken a giant leap to somewhere completely different and I have no idea where you are coming from. Why do you always make incorrect assumptions about things? Why don't you stick to facts and if you do not have facts establish or ask what they are? If you want to know my opinion, all you have to do is ask, there is no need to make illogical assumptions

Feedback