+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Not again...

Re: Not again...

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy wrote on Sat, 17 October 2015 07:51
    Just wait until the railways are state owned again - then you'll get an even worse service, followed by more strikes at ticket prices you cant afford.
    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson wrote on Sat, 17 October 2015 07:08
    I actually dont mind the idea of the WAG running the trains in theory however in practice it will be like British Rail all over again- the problem being is the sort of @rsehole it seems to attract who wants to work for them and the mindset they bring with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Jimmy wrote on Fri, 16 October 2015 09:31
    So, my father (God rest his soul) was an arsehole was he? I see, presumably he was being an arsehole when he used to go up to Leamington Spa for five days a week in the late fifties because he could get the overtime driving trains there which he couldn't get in Cardiff - the overtime which just about allowed our family to stay solvent while paying the rent for the room and bedroom we had in Grangetown.
    But then, their reason for action is not entirely financial.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. wrote on Sat, 17 October 2015 20:32
    Just wait until the railways are state owned again - then you'll get an even worse service, followed by more strikes at ticket prices you cant afford.
    I actually dont mind the idea of the WAG running the trains in theory however in practice it will be like British Rail all over again- the problem being is the sort of @rsehole it seems to attract who wants to work for them and the mindset they bring with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson wrote on Sat, 17 October 2015 07:08
    So, my father (God rest his soul) was an arsehole was he? I see, presumably he was being an arsehole when he used to go up to Leamington Spa for five days a week in the late fifties because he could get the overtime driving trains there which he couldn't get in Cardiff - the overtime which just about allowed our family to stay solvent while paying the rent for the room and bedroom we had in Grangetown.
    There's only one person being an arsehole here.
    Or .. more money for others means less money for them.

Feedback

By your own admission train drivers aren't in the 'struggling to make ends meet' bracket. So I make no apologies for not giving a flying **** about their case. Compare that to 2000 steel workers about to lose their jobs. I can see why the company has made that decision - and it's a sensible one given the long term sustainability of the business - but that doesn't mean you can't empathise with men about to lose their jobs and livelihoods. The train drivers - meh. They just want more dollar and less time working. It's nothing more than that.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Observer wrote on Sat, 17 October 2015 21:06
    Your wasting your breath Bob. I can't understand for the life of me the constant attack on fellow working class men/women fighting for better pay/ terms and conditions in the workplace.
    You will find that whilst their wages increase, it will be those less well off who pay for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback wrote on Sat, 17 October 2015 21:16
    Quote Originally Posted by Observer wrote on Sat, 17 October 2015 21:06
    Your wasting your breath Bob. I can't understand for the life of me the constant attack on fellow working class men/women fighting for better pay/ terms and conditions in the workplace.
    As someone else pointed out in this thread until we are all earning the minimum wage, some won't be happy.
    In that case they need to take a look at how the profits are shared out.

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback wrote on Sat, 17 October 2015 21:14
    Not likely that an apparently well off , self employed Accountant is going to empathise or identify, but it sure as f*** wont stop you offering your opinion from Feedback Towers

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. wrote on Sat, 17 October 2015 21:38
    As someone else pointed out in this thread until we are all earning the minimum wage, some won't be happy.
    Apparently? What the hell does that mean

Quote Originally Posted by Observer wrote on Sat, 17 October 2015 21:40
    Our fathers would be ashamed.
    Well he might be a bulsh1tter living on the never never - I don't know

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. wrote on Sat, 17 October 2015 21:43
    hear hear.
    Oh I see. I think he really is an accountant or bookkeeper, although we did have a conversation a few months ago about the worsening state of the global economy, which I backed up with financial charts. He then spent 4 pages saying I (and presumably the charts) was wrong, that the world world economy was growing, the future economic outlook was great, and Osborne was doing a fantastic job. So obviously you have to take what he says with a pinch of salt, but I don't think that impacts on his ability to add up columns of figures.

Gluey .. your style has gone all 'TLG'.

Quote Originally Posted by Feedback wrote on Sat, 17 October 2015 19:59
    I'm sure barry dragon accepts your apology. Now we can all move on
    You've really had a bit of a mare there Feedy .

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson wrote on Sun, 18 October 2015 05:36
    I'm sure barry dragon accepts your apology. Now we can all move on
    Quote Originally Posted by Feedback wrote on Sat, 17 October 2015 19:59
    I know I said I wouldn't be back, but I just have to reply to this one. Although I can probably count the number of political posts Barry Dragon has made on here that I agree with on the figures of one hand, it was not him who I had an issue with - although, knowing you, you'll no doubt come back saying that it was him, not Jimmy Jimmy, I was upset with if I had only really known it .
    NB apologies for my rant last night. I'm not sure what come over me

No one has mentioned strike is off yet from 10k miles away I can find this out. Kia Ora.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Observer wrote on Sat, 17 October 2015 22:10
    Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. wrote on Sat, 17 October 2015 21:43
    hear hear.
    Most decent people will be aware that these views and remarks nearly always come from the same few - those concerned with money - and with no (apparent) personal concern of making ends meet.

Do u really think that Gideon and his cronies in the city have in anyway been affected by the austerity measurers that most of us are subject to. Any small victory is good enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. wrote on Sat, 17 October 2015 22:27
    Are you sure this comment wasn't made in error? It's sounds like you could be referring to somebody else

Quote Originally Posted by Observer wrote on Wed, 21 October 2015 08:43
    Are you sure this comment wasn't made in error? It's sounds like you could be referring to somebody else
    Ah! ..By jove!, I suspect you might be right.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. wrote on Wed, 21 October 2015 18:48
    Quote Originally Posted by Observer wrote on Wed, 21 October 2015 08:43
    Ah! ..By jove!, I suspect you might be right.
    I don't even like spiders