+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Get behind Slade!

Re: Get behind Slade!

Quote Originally Posted by Tonteg Bluebird wrote on Wed, 29 July 2015 18:16
    As I expected, the large majority of our fans are still waiting for Slade to fail. We beat Premiership Watford last night and played well. We are building on our good finish to last season with a more than solid pre season. I think we look very capable of challenging this season. Hopefully, last nights performance will at least give the Slade doubters something to think about.
    Hopefully Slade has brought himself a little credit with the fans but more importantly the match last night might have finally sparked some hope amongst the fans that the team might be able to deliver something more entertaining this year. If we can get behind them from the start because we believe we have a chance then that might be the most important thing we do as fans this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues wrote on Wed, 29 July 2015 18:29
    As I expected, the large majority of our fans are still waiting for Slade to fail. We beat Premiership Watford last night and played well. We are building on our good finish to last season with a more than solid pre season. I think we look very capable of challenging this season. Hopefully, last nights performance will at least give the Slade doubters something to think about.
    I just think we have an unusually large percentage of depressives who follow us. I was very entertained and encouraged last night, but pre-season means nothing once the serious stuff starts.
    I wonder what the possession stats were...

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues wrote on Wed, 29 July 2015 18:29
    I just think we have an unusually large percentage of depressives who follow us. I was very entertained and encouraged last night, but pre-season means nothing once the serious stuff starts.
    Good post, 100% agree mate.

I hope everyone will at least give Slade a chance now? He's more than earned the right to have the fans backing now in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonteg Bluebird wrote on Sat, 29 August 2015 17:57
    I hope everyone will at least give Slade a chance now? He's more than earned the right to have the fans backing now in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by rich munn wrote on Sat, 29 August 2015 18:06
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonteg Bluebird wrote on Sat, 29 August 2015 17:57
    Good bump, Tonteg!
    Cheers, hopefully it will continue!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock wrote on Tue, 28 July 2015 07:44
    Slade's got a tough job no doubt about that and many of the reasons why last season was so poor were in place before he joined. It's also true to say that he has won more league games than he has lost since he took over, but we were told through the first half of the season that the goal was a top six finish and so he came up a long way short in that regard.
    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson wrote on Tue, 28 July 2015 05:56
    I don't get why having to work to a tight budget has to mean such boring football. Other sides manage to play good football despite a lack of financial resources whereas I can only say that I enjoyed one home match last year and, even then, that was when we harried and hustled a very good Bournemouth side to a 1-1 draw in much the way a "minnow" holds a giant in an FA Cup match. On the other hand, the two matches with Reading and the games with Rotherham, Fulham, Derby, Brighton, Wolves, Charlton, Birmingham, Bolton and Millwall (three of which were won) were as bad as anything I've watched in recent years.
    Well done Russ (So far) x

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 wrote on Tue, 28 July 2015 02:39
    He's shite, Humpty Dumpty is possibly the least inspiring manager we've ever had.
    You really do need help mate. You havent a clue

Well done Slade! Keep proving the doubters wrong! Unbeaten in 12 at home and beating Brighton 4-1 when under a transfer embargo. There isn't much more any manager can do in Slade's position, so we all might as well support him with our push for the playoffs. Well done Slade and all the players today. A fantastic performance. We made a very good Brighton team look very ordinary.

I'm sure the majority of us will now agree, to be only 3 points from the playoffs with everything he has had to put up with this season, is a remarkable job by Slade.

I was and to an extent still am a doubter but he has won me over partly.The football is not bad just wish we could be more consistent.I have to say the way Slade has conducted himself throughout all the shouts for him to go etc has been brilliant.Even if it turns out that people were right which I now doubt there was no need for some of the language and vile abuse directed at him.Some of us should hang their heads in shame.Lets hope he proves everyone wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by valley boy wrote on Sun, 28 February 2016 20:34
    I was and to an extent still am a doubter but he has won me over partly.The football is not bad just wish we could be more consistent.I have to say the way Slade has conducted himself throughout all the shouts for him to go etc has been brilliant.Even if it turns out that people were right which I now doubt there was no need for some of the language and vile abuse directed at him.Some of us should hang their heads in shame.Lets hope he proves everyone wrong.
    It's good to see fans like yourself willing to give him a chance now. The majority of us backing Slade will only have a positive effect on the atmosphere and our performances.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonteg Bluebird wrote on Sun, 28 February 2016 20:10
    I'm sure the majority of us will now agree, to be only 3 points from the playoffs with everything he has had to put up with this season, is a remarkable job by Slade.
    I'd still like to see him replaced in the summer where ever we finish in the league