+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Oh no, another mega picture quiz!

Re: Oh no, another mega picture quiz!

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    3 General Stadium Austria

10 Izmir Alsancak Stadium. Now no more sadly. It was demolished last year allegedly for being unsafe.

22 The rugby posts gave me a clue here, as I thought France was the most likely country to have rugby on the same pitch..

And as the only French team we have played in the ECWC is Nantes.........

It is the Stade Marcel Saupin FC Nante's Stadium until 1984.
    7 is Izmir, 10 is Real Zaragoza.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    7 is Izmir, 10 is Real Zaragoza.
    Oops meant to edit that. Yes it was 7 I meant for Izmir

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Oops meant to edit that. Yes it was 7 I meant for Izmir
    So, it's just number 17 to get now I reckon - the venue for, possibly, our most reported on European trip.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    So, it's just number 17 to get now I reckon - the venue for, possibly, our most reported on European trip.
    Pakhtakor Stadium Tashkent.

Great quiz. Much less stressful than the last one (I still can't understand why the Baseball Ground had red and blue seats) and it was an interesting look back at a significant part of City's history. I wonder if we'll see another European campaign in our lifetime? In Slade we trust.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Great quiz. Much less stressful than the last one (I still can't understand why the Baseball Ground had red and blue seats) and it was an interesting look back at a significant part of City's history. I wonder if we'll see another European campaign in our lifetime? In Slade we trust.
    Thanks, I really enjoyed researching this quiz because in many cases it gave me a first look at grounds that were venues for some of the biggest games in the club's history - for example, I'd never seen a picture of the stadium in Tashkent which Elwood correctly identified before.

A word of thanks too to Mario Risoli because I would never have been able to get the names of all of the grounds without the help of his excellent book, "From Tashkent with Love".

7. Is Goztepe in Turkey. 10. Is Real Zaragoza. I answered the latter one a few days ago paul.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    7. Is Goztepe in Turkey. 10. Is Real Zaragoza. I answered the latter one a few days ago paul.
    Spedger
    Yes. Loramski pointed that out to me earlier in the thread Spedger - sorry, I should have acknowledged his comment.

Number seven is right. In fact, all of the answers appear in this thread, but I'm just about to post them on the blog, so you can check them on there.