+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: I believe Slade should go.

I believe Slade should go.

We have underperformed most of the season yet are seventh.
    Few of our players, possibly only Connolly, can claim to have had a season that was worthy of note.
    Too many of our players have underperformed and far too many of our performances have been ordinary.
    Our record v the lower teams is awful.

He's a nice guy, but what could he do next year that he couldn't have done this year?

Why would Marshall, Noone, Whitts, Fabio, Connolly, Gunns, Ralls want to stay? Maybe it's time for some to go but at their best they would still be hard to replace.

And then we have all the deadwood, much of which he signed!

Of course we need a striker....but we've had a few....a lot.

I would rather take a risk on a new manager and offer him the opportunity to get more out of our players.

Seventh, despite never creating any real momentum.

Re: I believe Slade should go.

top 8 is good season, despite it been a poor league this year

your aspirations of premier league football are merely a dream , until mr tan departs

Who would manage you with Tan calling the shots? I know some of you think he's underachieved this season, but hasn't he had his hands tied, and still you've been in the frame up until the last but one match. You see the team week in week out so you're better placed than me, to know if he's got the best out of them. I'm sure that Tan has also got an opinion on Slade, and if he's not happy with him he'll let him go.

One final thought, if you'd got to the PL this season I feel VT would have grabbed the money and run, leaving you to play PL football with a Championship side. He'd have got back his investment, cleared the clubs debts to him, even if it meant you were starting the 2017 season back in the Championship. Maybe be the only glimmer of hope is that he'll go for gold next year in the hope of grabbing the PL riches.

Your experience with a billionaire investor does not fill me with confidence for the way it seems we're going.

Quote Originally Posted by ZZ Jack View Post
    Who would manage you with Tan calling the shots? I know some of you think he's underachieved this season, but hasn't he had his hands tied, and still you've been in the frame up until the last but one match. You see the team week in week out so you're better placed than me, to know if he's got the best out of them. I'm sure that Tan has also got an opinion on Slade, and if he's not happy with him he'll let him go.

One final thought, if you'd got to the PL this secason I feel VT would have grabbed the money and run, leaving you to play PL football with a Championship side. He'd have got back his investment, cleared the clubs debts to him, even if it meant you were starting the 2017 season back in the Championship. Maybe be the only glimmer of hope is that he'll go for gold next year in the hope of grabbing the PL riches.

Your experience with a billionaire investor does not fill me with confidence for the way it seems we're going.
    It. Seems Tan is far less hands on now.
    He's backed down on a few issues and appears to be giving Ken Choo more of a free reign.

Every chairman has a say in their club, so I wouldn't say it was much worse here than most clubs.

It's a far more attractive opportunity now than it was 18 months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by chris View Post
    top 8 is good season, despite it been a poor league this year

your aspirations of premier league football are merely a dream , until mr tan departs
    This constant "Tan must go" crap irritates me! Who else do we think will stump up over £100M just to make him go and then invest countless more millions to build a team capable of escaping the Championship. With the quality of teams coming down (even Villa are talking about McCormack as their first signing), its going to be a tougher league to escape from next season.

There was enough quality in this squad to do better.
    Tan did not pick the teams, determine the tactics, provide the match day motivation, make the substitutions ...the manager did.

On too many occasions our team failed to compete.
    Last edited by BLUEAWAY; 01-05-16 at 08:59.