+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Blackpool

Blackpool

Just listening to the football on 5 live and they said about Blackpool occupying one of the relegation places in league one. Looking at the table there's a very strong likelyhood of them going down.

Wow, easily could have been us. What a fall!

Re: Blackpool

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Just listening to the football on 5 live and they said about Blackpool occupying one of the relegation places in league one. Looking at the table there's a very strong likelyhood of them going down.

Wow, easily could have been us. What a fall!
    You reckon, when did the Oyston family buy Cardiff?

Amazes me when our situation is compared to Blackpools. Usually by the Slade fans when trying to make out what a wonderful job he has done.

On the other side of the coin, look at Leicester.

It's a funny old game.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    On the other side of the coin, look at Leicester.

It's a funny old game.

What about these to$$ers:---

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/14034978

No I don't/didn't like um, treated us like turds in a swimming pool when we went there.

Tan (and moreseo the team around him) deserves some credit for finally listening and seeing sense. That credit must be put into the context of it taking years and many, many City fans buying into the biggest attack on this club in it's history.

Blackpool may have fallen but what happens next will determine whether it is a tragic and lasting decline or not.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    What about these to$$ers:---

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/14034978

No I don't/didn't like um, treated us like turds in a swimming pool when we went there.
    I remember a fan of Rushden on a forum somewhere expressing disgust at us being in a higher league than them because we were welsh. He wanted us booted out of the league and everything as we were preventing their rightful place in League one. He wouldn't have it either that as he was a supporter of a team that didnt exist 10 years earlier he had no right to be in the league in the first place never mind at our expense, who had been in the league for 80 odd years before the Dr martens guy decided to play football manager for real.

In it up to their necks, just got stuffed 0-4 at home by Wigan.

End of an era for them. Can't help feeling they'll stay there for a considerable time to come

good enough for them

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    End of an era for them. Can't help feeling they'll stay there for a considerable time to come
    Good. ****ing horrible club and fans.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC CASUAL View Post
    Good. ****ing horrible club and fans.
    The town of Blackpool is a proper shithole but what's wrong with thier fans? They're alright ain't they?

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    The town of Blackpool is a proper shithole but what's wrong with thier fans? They're alright ain't they?
    No

they are and always were a lower division club, yes they had a few season in the sun, but it was always going to go one way

The rushden situation is a sad one, but when someone has taken the club as far as it can go, they hand over to someone else or in his case the supporters trust, which in this case didnt work

2005 - Griggs steps down as chairman and hands club to Supporters' Trust

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC CASUAL View Post
    No
    I recall the horrendous 4 hour drive just to get away from Wembley after losing to them. We passed mini buses with there supposed fans in them, just sitting there looking like they had lost. You couldn't make it up. We realised they felt nothing as they weren't really Blackpool fans, just some of the 1000's they had rented for that awful day. Terrible club, hope they go down.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I recall the horrendous 4 hour drive just to get away from Wembley after losing to them. We passed mini buses with there supposed fans in them, just sitting there looking like they had lost. You couldn't make it up. We realised they felt nothing as they weren't really Blackpool fans, just some of the 1000's they had rented for that awful day. Terrible club, hope they go down.
    They had some fans on buses that weren't celebrating as you went past,cand that makes them a terrible club? You know there were plenty of City glory fans there too don't you?

When the playoffs were held in Cardiff , I remember loads of Blackpool in fancy dress all having a great time. Orange nuns everywhere. Not all bad uns