Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
Adz, IMO, we have got it about right at the moment regarding immigration, the point has been made about an ageing population and this is a good point, however, I do think there becomes a point at which, the indigenous population starts to get a little concerned seeing an ever increasing %age rise, this is point I see it at, it really does **** me off that individuals cannot be concerned over this issue without the usual suspects jumping in with the accusations, racial issues should be allowed to be discussed openly just like the price of oil, you might have noticed that the BBC has all but forgot about the issues in mainland Europe going on at the moment, I'm glad the BBC ITV, etc. no longer can control the content available, Sweden and Germany are currently suffering racial tension (riots) at levels not seen before, we are all one human race and should all be able to get along but, and this has not just happened overnight, different races, countries etc. have fought each other since the beginning of mankind, I'm sure like many, I have concerns about ukip and the like but, the best way to deal with this IMO is for the mainstream parties to offer policies (not just immigration policy) that would make them incidental and dissapear due to lack of interest, personally I don't think this can be done due to the inherent perception in the UK that if you are Labour TORY or Mars you cannot vote outside the box.
The thing is that to avoid racial tensions, integration is a two way street. Honestly, I see nothing in the immigration debate but misinformation and xenophobia