+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Interesting goings-on down the Bay at the moment...

Re: Interesting goings-on down the Bay at the moment...

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Pearcey - what we should do is just make Carwyn life time First Minister of Wales - we could do away with the annoyance of having an election etc easier all round

All maybe Carwyn needs to do is grow up a bit and work with Plaid - something which he has so far refused to do apparently.
    I quite like this - as it means Carwyn needs consensus from at least 1 other party each time he wants to pass a new motion - seems fair enough to me.

A true coalition - taking the best ideas from all the parties and debating on how to implement them.

I liked the idea that council tax payers would be treated like share holders in a company and as such had the right to vote down Council Tax rises and also Chief Exec pay rises - which would have stopped the fraud taking place with the Labour Council in Caerphilly etc
    I agree he should work with Plaid. The parties are close enough on many policies to make it work. However dont you think a lot of Plaid supporters will now feel betrayed by Wood

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I know that but do you think Wales wants a Plaid/Tory/UKIP coalition when Labour won almost as many seats as that lot put together. Its a sham and many left wing Plaid supporters will not be happy.
    Like I've said, it's a statement. Labour hold a belief that they have a divine right to rule wales. I'm glad it's been shown to be false. If they weren't so arrogant, and had a meeting to work with plaid we wouldn't be here. They're going to need backing from at least 1 party for every motion they put forward. God knows it's not going to be UKIP or the tories. About time they grew up

Quote Originally Posted by tommy31 View Post
    Like I've said, it's a statement. Labour hold a belief that they have a divine right to rule wales. I'm glad it's been shown to be false. If they weren't so arrogant, and had a meeting to work with plaid we wouldn't be here. They're going to need backing from at least 1 party for every motion they put forward. God knows it's not going to be UKIP or the tories. About time they grew up
    As I have said Labour absolutely need to work with Plaid but Wood needs to understand they are the junior partner. Besides how do you know it's down to Labour that negotiations failed between the two parties. It seems like Lianne was looking to do a deal with UKIP two days ago. I think this will damage Plaid

She didnt think she had the right to be First Minister - All parties put forward their suggested person to be First Minister, Labour AMs all voted for Carwyn, all Plaid AMs voted for Leanne , but also the conservatives, UKIP and everyone else also voted for Leanne - which meant she would have been elected First Minister by 'consensus' it was only because Kirsty Williams voted for Carwyn that he survived by the skin of his @rse, otherwise he would have lost - that's politics and those are the rules.

The result being Carwyn is now sunk until he can cobble together some ideas which will make the other parties vote for him - he should not have taken the electorate for granted.

Here is a video that explains it http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-36269221

OK. That's your version but bottom line Labour are by far the largest party and to prevent Carwyn becoming First Minister Wood has done a deal with a very right wing party. Cant see many of her supporters being too happy.

As I have said Labour absolutely need to work with Plaid but Wood needs to understand they are the junior partner. Besides how do you know it's down to Labour that negotiations failed between the two parties. It seems like Lianne was looking to do a deal with UKIP two days ago. I think this will damage Plaid
    Just yesterday plaid offered to delay the FM vote so that parties could dicuss things. Labour declined, and got exactly what was coming. Plaid voters will love her for this

Labour arrogance given a little reminder, Carwyn Jones should withdraw.

Blue in the Face

We could have two Trollopes running things in Cardiff then...

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post

Pearcey is Lenne Wood not allowed to ask other parties at the WAG to vote for her ?

I know you dream of a 1 party state - but that is what democracy is about - people can vote for who they want. Or maybe in your world they can vote for who they want as long as it's Labour

#chickenshometoroost

I hope ALL AMs continue to vote as they see fit

Maybe Slade could do a job at the WAG - he's fit in just fine and dandy down there
    She can get whatever support she wants but at what price? Take a look at what Reckless and Hamilton stand for and tell me that's compatable with Plaid.

International

Pearcy, you were/are one of the people saying the Tory party shouldn't be in government even though they won a general election.
    Now you are saying Labour should, even though they didn't.
    Make you mind up.
    Or is only that of labour wins it's OK and if any one else wins it's 'A fix" ?

One thing is for sure, Leanne Wood as first minister means UKIP and the Tories have far more influence over things down the bay. If they withdraw their support at any time, she's a goner.

She can get whatever support she wants but at what price? Take a look at what Reckless and Hamilton stand for and tell me that's compatable with Plaid.
    you're miss-understanding it. the idea wasn't to become FM, but to show labour that they need friends to succeed here. The only friends they can conceivably work with is plaid (well, its not gonna be the tories or ukip is it).

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post

Rhun ap Iorwerth on bbc wales right now talking about it
    Is that his scrabble name.

Just yesterday plaid offered to delay the FM vote so that parties could dicuss things. Labour declined, and got exactly what was coming. Plaid voters will love her for this
    Plaid have refused to go into formal coalition with Labour so the WAG will vote on an issue by issue basis.

Plaid once again threw their toys out of the pram and went against the wishes of the Welsh public by nominating their leader as FM, with only 20% of the seats.

Leanne Wood is acting as if she won the election. She didn't. I suspect she's starting to believe her own hype.

I suppose like the Lib / Lab pact, it's not a novel idea.

edit double post
    Last edited by tommy31; 11-05-16 at 17:24.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude Blue View Post
    Plaid have refused to go into formal coalition with Labour so the WAG will vote on an issue by issue basis.

Plaid once again threw their toys out of the pram and went against the wishes of the Welsh public by nominating their leader as FM, with only 20% of the seats.

Leanne Wood is acting as if she won the election. She didn't. I suspect she's starting to believe her own hype.
    They followed protocol and nominated a leader. That's how it works. It's not plaid's fault the rest backed her. I'm glad labour have finally been taught that they dont just walk into government.

International

The WAG is a complete waste of space and money
    When there was a referendum on whether to set it up only 50% of the people voted. In any normal referendum that would have meant 'no'.
    But TB changed the rules and even then of the 50% only 50 1/2% voted for it.
    Then when they had the elections only 25% of the population voted and labour won by a slim majority.
    To me that means that we are being 'governed' by people who were elected by 12% of the population.
    The percentages may have changed now, but the waste of money has not. It is a self-perpetuating gravy train. Somewhat like MEP's who have no influence on the dictats of the European Commission.
    It's use to Wales is negligeble.
    Last edited by xsnaggle; 11-05-16 at 17:29.

They followed protocol and nominated a leader. That's how it works. It's not plaid's fault the rest backed her. I'm glad labour have finally been taught that they dont just walk into government.
    Hmmm not strictly true. Plaid approached other parties for support earlier this week. I'm glad Plaid have done this anyway, as a Tory it's good we will have more influence on things down the Bay. If Leanne doesn't play ball she can fook off oot.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Harsh

It's disappointing that people being sick of Labour have lead to them cheering this on. Can you imagine what Welsh Tories would have said if in 2010 the Lib Dems helped form a rainbow coalition to keep the Tories out even though Labour lost the election (as opposed to 2015 when the Tories got in despite not winning the election) and now they are playing with Welsh democracy in a similar way.

I can understand many in Wales being sick of Labour, and especially sick of Carwyn Jones, but Wales deserves better than this and better than Reckless and Hamilton. Cheering this on would be like petitioning for a change to green just to piss off Tan who wanted red, it's not what we should want and it makes us look cheap. Can you imagine if Wales follows the America route of Obama's policies being blocked for no other reason than being Obama?

Well done to Leanne Wood who will bring in fresh ideas.

I doubt Plaid will lose many votes over this

It's quite embarrassing for Labour though

Hope it leads to the "WHITE ELEPHANT" being shut down.

Worthless people in a worthless building.