+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IMF says Brexit 'pretty bad to very, very bad'

IMF says Brexit 'pretty bad to very, very bad'

So says Ms. Lagarde. Methinks our EU friends are getting worried (and not for our sakes that's for sure!). Doesn't this sort of intervention simply enhance the BREXIT campaign?

Re: IMF says Brexit 'pretty bad to very, very bad'

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    So says Ms. Lagarde. Methinks our EU friends are getting worried (and not for our sakes that's for sure!). Doesn't this sort of intervention simply enhance the BREXIT campaign?
    ask her for Saturdays lottery numbers for me,could do with a few bob more for france.all these institutes seem to be able to predict the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogersblue View Post
    ask her for Saturdays lottery numbers for me,could do with a few bob more for france.all these institutes seem to be able to predict the future.
    They probably have very complex financial models that tries to predict this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogersblue View Post
    Indeed. The same folk who wanted us to change to the "Euro" with all the wonderful benefits that would bring!

i'll be voting in,if they come up with,wales won't win the euros if we brexit.

Initially a Brexit would be very, very difficult for the UK but considering how many negotiations would follows I think it's tricky trying to predict what will happen after that. If you're voting out and you're not prepared for that initial period of difficulty (and it could be as many as 5 years or even more) then you should reconsider.

Gove wants Britain to exit the single market as well. I fear for our exporters. The Brexit lot have still to provide assurances for alternative markets.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    The key is if we run away with the eurovision song contest tomorrow, something is definitely up then.

Stay in ! End of !

Why ?

Would you want Boris , Gove , Dunkin' Donuts Smith and Farage running our country ?

If so you are barking mad.

No brainer for me. Obviously there will be no WW3 as a result of a Brexit, and in fairness, Cameron didnt say that anyway! But enough comments indicating that the economy will suffer and unemployment rise, should have everyone rushing to vote, remain!

International

I think if anyone checks they'll find that the IMF is nothing to do with the EU, and the fact that it's President happens to be from La France is just because everyone has to be from somewhere.

Angry Re: IMF says Brexit 'pretty bad to very, very bad'

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I think if anyone checks they'll find that the IMF is nothing to do with the EU, and the fact that it's President happens to be from La France is just because everyone has to be from somewhere.
    In or out? Simple every Official, MP, Banker and big business owners, will vote on the basis of WHATS in it for ME,ME, ME. They are not interested in what will happen to the rest of us. They have enough money to not worry about school place's, doctors appointments Hospital waiting times, or forcing down wages. Funny how just a few months ago, Camaron stated that he would lead the out campain if he didn't get the deal he wanted. He is now predicting world war 3. Death and destructin for us all. At least we'll take the bastard's with us. I think if we vote leave, there will be another vote within 12 to 18 months, like Ireland had. Butt-monkey says do as I say, or you keep voting till you do.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    I wouldnt believe anything that idiot Lagarde says.

So far when we leave on the 23rd june we will be :-
    Starting World War 3
    Our mortgage rates will go up
    Unemployment will rise
    There will be starvation and famine
    Inflation will go up
    Yesterday Carney - there could maybe a possibility that there would be a technical recession - yet more bollox

SO we should join the Euro immediately, get rid of Parliament, break all ties with all other countries just to be on the safe side
    That isn't the argument, as well you know. FALSE DICHOTOMY.

I wouldnt believe anything that idiot Lagarde says.

So far when we leave on the 23rd june we will be :-
    Starting World War 3
    Our mortgage rates will go up
    Unemployment will rise
    There will be starvation and famine
    Inflation will go up
    Yesterday Carney - there could maybe a possibility that there would be a technical recession - yet more bollox

SO we should join the Euro immediately, get rid of Parliament, break all ties with all other countries just to be on the safe side
    That's correct , you have been told, so don't rock up next year on this board when we are champions, with Slade reinstated, but living in a nuclear winter.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    They probably have very complex financial models that tries to predict this stuff.
    They do, but there are many factors that could render those models useless.

Basically it is up to brexit to tell us why we should leave. Until they can do that, and they haven 't yet, I will vote to stay as we are. It's not perfect, but I'm not voting for so many unknowns.

I personally think anyone over the age of 65 shouldn't be allowed to vote, along with 16 years and older being allowed to.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    They do, but there are many factors that could render those models useless.

Basically it is up to brexit to tell us why we should leave. Until they can do that, and they haven 't yet, I will vote to stay as we are. It's not perfect, but I'm not voting for so many unknowns.
    The prediction these models make tend to change behaviour and thus can become self-fulfilling: if they predicted we were in for risky financial times ahead then you could expect people to be more careful with their money, make fewer investments and this could lead to a downturn. Despite this, those in charge of the models know their limitations and must be exasperated when the media reports their findings as fact.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy31 View Post
    I personally think anyone over the age of 65 shouldn't be allowed to vote, along with 16 years and older being allowed to.
    Too bloody right.

International

Why do you think that?
    Shirley if you are only 16 you cannot have the experience or maturity to make a reasoned decision?
    But if you are older than 65 does this mean you have lost that ability?
    Não one should be allowed to vote at all until they have 3 years work and paid their taxes. That might help.

Why do you think that?
    Shirley if you are only 16 you cannot have the experience or maturity to make a reasoned decision?
    Não one should be allowed to vote at all until they have 3 years work and paid their taxes. That might help.
    It's not to do with the ability, it's to do with dealing with the consequences. Those over 65 won't be around long enough to do it. Those aged 16 will be.

Why do you think that?
    At 16 you can work full time and pay income tax, someone can be 35 and not be more mature than a 16 year old.

If you take the votes of 18-65's at the last general election the two main parties were very close, certainly no Tory majority. The grey vote voted 2:1 Tory and they 'swarm' ( ) to the polling stations.

How long can a country afford to keep ignoring its workforce? The answer of course is for young people to actually bloody vote rather than just sit around talking about 'change'.

It's not to do with the ability, it's to do with dealing with the consequences. Those over 65 won't be around long enough to do it. Those aged 16 will be.
    Oh Tommy. You are ****ed now. Grumpy's Den followed me around CCMB for about a month shouting and ranting at me for saying this kind of thing. He has a lot of time on his hands too. When he isn't on holiday.

I'm voting in as it stands , but I'm sick of the blatant manipulation from the in crowd.

One that sticks out for me is if we leave, Scotland will leave the UK for Europe meaning we will have a tory government for ever. The same people said Scotland wouldn't be allowed to join Europe if they left the UK during their referendum.

With all these foreign countries and international agencies saying to stay in, I'm seriously starting to sway to out as I don't believe they want what's best for us only themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by ken smith View Post
    I'm voting in as it stands , but I'm sick of the blatant manipulation from the in crowd.

One that sticks out for me is if we leave, Scotland will leave the UK for Europe meaning we will have a tory government for ever. The same people said Scotland wouldn't be allowed to join Europe if they left the UK during their referendum.

With all these foreign countries and international agencies saying to stay in, I'm seriously starting to sway to out as I don't believe they want what's best for us only themselves.
    This is almost certainly going to happen though. whether or not any of the other bits you've said do, scotland will leave.

The SNP dont have a majority in the Scottish Parliament - so how does that give them the right to demand another referendum.
    Scotland going into Europe would mean them joining the Euro - they arent that stupid to do that.
    There's a majority of separatist MSPs