A lot of the people around here really had no idea what they were even voting about (with many not intelligent enough to understand) and the campaigning for remain was absolutely minimal, over the last few months I received one leaflet through the door about Remain and even that wasn't clear

Of the three people from Ebbw Vale interviewed on the news, one said she voted out as the council closed the public toilets last year, one said 'immigrants, they're here taking all our jobs' and another said because the factories are 99% Polish - a blend of misunderstanding, fear, ignorance and scapegoating

and then going by what I've seen on Facebook, people being scared of the unknown, bringing up things like suicide bombers, sharia law and all that nonsense (generally those from the poorest areas in Blaenau Gwent) It's quite depressing how focused people around here are on the likes of immigration where the majority probably see the maximum of 1 or 2 immigrants during their normal week. Most of the ones I know that complain about immigrants taking jobs etc are middle aged, do not work and have no intention of doing so and just use it as an excuse for why they do fook all

As well as all of this, many seem happy just because it's led to Cameron resigning, but what they don't understand is he'll just be replaced by another conservative who'll be just the same and the likes of Blaenau Gwent will become forgotten and further deprived yet again