+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: How much do you think we'll miss Ramsey

How much do you think we'll miss Ramsey

Having read the thread on Ramsey last night I will 100% agree with those who argue that he has possibly been our best player in these championships so far (though there are plenty of contenders for this prize).

He will undoubtedly be missed tomorrow but I would argue that his position is one we could could've far more easily fill with the players we have at our disposal than Bale, Allen and even Ashley Williams.

His dead ball delivery will be hugely missed but I think it's a massive opportunity for Johnny Williams to finally realise his potential.
    Some big injuries have set him back over the years but he is now showing signs that he is ready to push on.

I also think the fact that he is an unknown quantity may play into our hands.

Portugal would know all about Ramsey but hopefully they will be arrogant enough to think that Williams is nothing to be concerned about.

We will also miss Ben Davies and if it wasn't for his unbelievable goal line clearance against Slovakia then we could have had a very different tournament.

Re: How much do you think we'll miss Ramsey

I think Johnnie Williams is great but can't last 90 mins I would personally start king and bring Williams off the bench when the game opens up about 10/15 mins in to the second half be interesting what he does in defence I'm not 100% he trusts Collins in a back 3

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Having read the thread on Ramsey last night I will 100% agree with those who argue that he has possibly been our best player in these championships so far (though there are plenty of contenders for this prize).

He will undoubtedly be missed tomorrow but I would argue that his position is one we could could've far more easily fill with the players we have at our disposal than Bale, Allen and even Ashley Williams.

His dead ball delivery will be hugely missed but I think it's a massive opportunity for Johnny Williams to finally realise his potential.
    Some big injuries have set him back over the years but he is now showing signs that he is ready to push on.

I also think the fact that he is an unknown quantity may play into our hands.

Portugal would know all about Ramsey but hopefully they will be arrogant enough to think that Williams is nothing to be concerned about.

We will also miss Ben Davies and if it wasn't for his unbelievable goal line clearance against Slovakia then we could have had a very different tournament.
    How much do you want to make the final
    But hey what an opportunity for the boys who replace them

He has been our best player. We will miss him huge!y. I see Andy King as a more like for like replacement than Johnny Williams although the latter still has a role to play off the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    He has been our best player. We will miss him huge!y. I see Andy King as a more like for like replacement than Johnny Williams although the latter still has a role to play off the bench.
    Jonny Williams is an impact player - I suspect he always will be at this level. King is the natural replacement - but they are massive boots to fill. Ramsey struggled during qualifying but has been exceptional during this tournament. Hopefully he will leave Arsenal soon, and head off to Spain.

Would love him to go to barca imagine how much better he could become playing with those players.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Would love him to go to barca imagine how much better he could become playing with those players.
    I'd like to see a few players move abroad - Joe Allen another one who could benefit immensely, maybe Serie A would be a good fit for him.

Imagine Allen, Ramsey and Bale all at Real Madrid, for example, the benefits to Wales of those three playing regularly would be amazing.

For me, he is the player we can least afford to be without on Wednesday. I guess late Wednesday night we will get our answer. For me his energy levels, ability to get up and down the pitch, ability on the ball and link play are second to none and no one in our squad is capable of bringing to the table what he does. Often in life you only realize what a person does when they are not there and Wednesday will almost certainly be one of those days.

I think we'll miss what he brings but I think Williams and King will be enough for us to replace him on Wednesday if they both play -just in terms of freshness if not ability.

IF we do win, then a refreshed Ramsey and Davies might just be the difference we need in the Final. There are potential major upsides to them both missing this match, though I'd prefer they didn't.

There's no doubt we will miss him but I think Bale is going to be key for us.

38 year old Ricardo Carvalho will not enjoy Bale running at him on Wednesday night.

He's a dirty bastard too and perhaps we can get him sent off.

Quote Originally Posted by emjayblue View Post
    For me, he is the player we can least afford to be without on Wednesday. I guess late Wednesday night we will get our answer. For me his energy levels, ability to get up and down the pitch, ability on the ball and link play are second to none and no one in our squad is capable of bringing to the table what he does. Often in life you only realize what a person does when they are not there and Wednesday will almost certainly be one of those days.
    This. I'm afraid we'll miss him too much. Time for Andy King to have the game of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    This. I'm afraid we'll miss him too much. Time for Andy King to have the game of his life.
    I think he will step up and do a shift,this team has so much talent and team work

I've been so impressed by the so called lesser players like Gunter, Chester, Robson Kanu, vokes, Taylor, ledley etc....these lot playing out of there skins has taken any heat off bale, Rambo and Allen. Williams is just on another level again. You can tell he has been pivotal to the rise of the jacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Agree and also think DAVIES will be a big loss. Collins is a cracking centre half, but Davies is more suited to this system.

Think Ramsey has been exceptional this tournament and that we will struggle to get going in midfield without him massively.

Disagree, this squad has 'it' in abundance. Step up Andy King

For me Ramsey has been the best player of the tournament we are bound to miss him. Whoever we bring in isn't going to be as good but hopefully can be effective that's whether it's King as a goal scoring threat or Williams in winning fouls in dangerous areas

Coleman has surprised us many times with his selections over the past few years when players are missing. King might be Coleman's second choice in that 10 position even though I'd favour Williams personally. I also think Jazz Richards could come in for Davies with Gunter moving inside as we saw a few times towards the end of the campaign.

Collins I believe has only played one qualifier and that was against Israel. Richards played against Belgium home, Israel home, Cyprus away and Bosnia away. 3 of those were in place of James Chester who was benched so shows how much faith he has in Richards, not forgetting his wonder performance against the Belgians and that assist for Bale in Cyprus. Collins has had a great season with West Ham but still looks as if he might be last on the defensive pecking order.