+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: OT: Hybrid push bike advise.

OT: Hybrid push bike advise.

Looking at a new bike for work so after a commuter/hybrid. Only a short journey so doesn't need to be anything special but will use it occasionally on weekends too on Taff Trail etc. Long story short, my bike was knicked but I'm being compensated anything up to £380. With the use of 10% off for CCFC season ticket holders in Tredz or a 20% voucher I have through work with Cycles UK, these are the 2 I'm weighing up at the moment. I have no clue when it comes to the tech stuff/components, they both have lockout on front forks, disk brakes and I prefer the the look of the Specilaized one Anyone be so kind to take a look and tell me if one is particurlaly better than the other? Or maybe some other simiarlaly priced suggestions?

http://www.cyclesuk.com/…/Cannondale...…/m-53452.aspx
    http://www.tredz.co.uk/.Specialized-...Bike_73409.htm

Cheers

Re: OT: Hybrid push bike advise.

Don't worry, everyone's forgotten the cctv doesn't work where you park your bike.

So why not get a really expensive one?

If you have to push it maybe you would be better off walking?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Don't worry, everyone's forgotten the cctv doesn't work where you park your bike.
    Yeah we all got long memories......

Don't dismiss the Pinnacle range, available from Evans Cycles. Been riding the Peak 3 for the last 4+ years on the Taff Trail and found it to be a comfortable, reliable ride.

Both crap

Why not put a few quid on yourself and get a half decent one

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC CASUAL View Post
    Both crap

Why not put a few quid on yourself and get a half decent one
    Why don't you tell us why you think these are crap and then suggest some alternatives

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Why don't you tell us why you think these are crap and then suggest some alternatives
    Why don't you do your own research.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post

All silly-billy replies aside have a look at the Focus range of bikes. Despite being not stocked by a lot of places I have found them to be worth hunting out. They are brilliant value for money - this depends on how much you want to spend though as they don't start off that cheap. Really well built from what I have seen. Took my mountain bike to bits not long ago and every component is greased - even the bolts holding the bottle cage on.

https://www.jejamescycles.co.uk/focu...-id149334.html

https://www.jejamescycles.co.uk/focu...-id149337.html

Couple of examples listed above. Also again if money isn't the issue then Scott do a superb range.

http://www.paulscycles.co.uk

Some real bargains to be had here if you get a 2014 or 2015 model.

I got a 1000 quid bike for 600 and my mate had a 2800 quid bike for 1200.

If your just riding back and forth to work and taff trail then the bikes you put up will do a job but you can get much better spec bikes for a little more, especially if you're savvy and buy an older model.

Then if you decide to get into it a bit more and go mountain biking or on rougher terrain you've got a better spec bike and haven't had to pay that much more.
    Last edited by CCFC CASUAL; 13-07-16 at 19:17.

When I want a new bike I will. It will obviously be a waste of time expecting any constructive help from you

Your best bet is to go and visit a few bicycle shops. Size and fit is very important, you need to gel with your new machine. I used to have a Kona that became an extension of my body

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Your best bet is to go and visit a few bicycle shops. Size and fit is very important, you need to gel with your new machine. I used to have a Kona that became an extension of my body

Hot flannel, soap an scissors will get rid of that.

That's what he told the police. Bloody pervert!

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    It won't be going in the car park this time, staying safe in my spare room! Slight pain in the arse dragging it through the flat each night but not risking it anymore! Bellway have no welded up the bolts in the lock up but still not risking a second theft and looking like a complete idiot!

Quote Originally Posted by Maccy Blue View Post
    All silly-billy replies aside have a look at the Focus range of bikes. Despite being not stocked by a lot of places I have found them to be worth hunting out. They are brilliant value for money - this depends on how much you want to spend though as they don't start off that cheap. Really well built from what I have seen. Took my mountain bike to bits not long ago and every component is greased - even the bolts holding the bottle cage on.
    https://www.jejamescycles.co.uk/focu...-id149334.html
    https://www.jejamescycles.co.uk/focu...-id149337.html
    Couple of examples listed above. Also again if money isn't the issue then Scott do a superb range.
    Cheers mate! Can't say I've come across them before so will take a look

http://www.paulscycles.co.uk
    Some real bargains to be had here if you get a 2014 or 2015 model.
    I got a 1000 quid bike for 600 and my mate had a 2800 quid bike for 1200.
    If your just riding back and forth to work and taff trail then the bikes you put up will do a job but you can get much better spec bikes for a little more, especially if you're savvy and buy an older model.
    Then if you decide to get into it a bit more and go mountain biking or on rougher terrain you've got a better spec bike and haven't had to pay that much more.
    Not had a look on that site, will have a browse now cheers! I realise I could get a better spec for a little more than the actual price of the 2 I linked, around the £5-600 mark, but seeing as I have a 20% off voucher in work with Cycles Uk then actually I won't be spending anything like that and from what I've read now they would both be pretty good spec bikes for about £350!

Have tried out a few different bikes, brands etc but can't seem to find anyone local stocking the bikes I'm looking at in store. Haven't been into Evans yet mind so gonna try and pop in before buying!

specialized are a decent brand, the link to the Cannondale is now dead, but once again a decent make and both make good bikes at the higher end of the scale
    I guess they were a similar price, a bike around 400 quid is just that, for what you are planning to use it for it will be fine

I know you will not be able to use your vouchers etc with them, but the Go outdoors own brand bikes ( Calibre ) seem to be decently priced and worth having a look at