+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 19 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Slade watch

Slade watch

Charlton losing 1-0 at Cheltenham

Re: Slade watch

Thank goodness that the endless gnawing pain now belongs to others.

Slade OUT

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Charlton losing 1-0 at Cheltenham
    Thank you but I have no interest in Slade whatsoever, he is our dreadful, awful past. I'm only interested in now and out future.

Charlton are clearly not a team that value the basics

Quote Originally Posted by Elysium View Post
    Thank you but I have no interest in Slade whatsoever, he is our dreadful, awful past. I'm only interested in now and out future.
    Iam quite enjoying watching humpty numpty ripping up league one .

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Charlton are clearly not a team that value the basics

I bear no grudge against Slade and I wish him all the best.
    I would liken him to a work colleague that wasn't very good at his job and was made redundant.

I get why he was hounded on here during his tenure but now he's gone, let's move on!

Good bye, good riddance but good luck

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post

I would liken him to a work colleague that wasn't very good at his job and was made redundant.

I get why he was hounded on here during his tenure but now he's gone, let's move on!

I see him more like my boss. A lazy bastard who is full of empty sound bites but gets paid a hell of a lot more money than me

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post

Thanks for your tuppencepence worth .
    Can we get on with our constructive criticism without your constant interruptions now please?

After 65 minutes play Charlton have failed to score but have racked up an impressive one shot on target. Perhaps Slade, a master tactician, is content with a single goal defeat confident that his exciting team can overturn this in the second leg at The Valley.

Oh, hold on...

Another shot on target?

That is two in two games , Slade has shrugged off his Cardiff shackles impressively.

1-0 FT

Can't wait for his analysis

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC CASUAL View Post
    1-0 FT

Can't wait for his analysis

I honestly can't wait mate. I'm a sad twat

not visualising basic values.....

I'm watching Big Brother and checking the scores every 2 minutes to make sure the charlatan lost as I can't wait to hear his excuses now that's proper sad
    Last edited by CCFC CASUAL; 09-08-16 at 20:58.

Just had a look on the Charlton Forum....their going mental.
    32k views on tonights match thread that's pretty impressive......big club in big trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    32k views on tonights match thread that's pretty impressive......big club in big trouble.
    It's their first home game this Saturday. They hate the owners but try to support their team while coming up with all sorts of protestes. They must be feeling that Roland Duchatelet has appointed Slade just to piss them off even more

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Just had a look. **** me they deteste Roger Johnson.

They don't know where the goals are gonna come from. Grab your Cape Alex Revell

I'd have him back here in a shot.

They don't know where the goals are gonna come from. Grab your Cape Alex Revell
    Aled ****ing Revell

They can worry about the goals once the ball comes out of the sky

I'll never forget sots despairing after he was chasing down the defenders like he was a bull in a Sevilla bull ring!

I'll never forget sots despairing after he was chasing down the defenders like he was a bull in a Sevilla bull ring!

That was the night he won Tonteg over. Suggesting he was going to be our unsung hero and fans favourite.

Russell Slade Q&A after defeat at Cheltenham

Question: Russell, a disappointing defeat here this evening?

Russell Slade: "Yes, we want to win football matches, I thought we set our stool out quite well early on, it was a decent cup tie.

"We made a few changes from Saturday, it was good to see the young lads come in for their debuts and it’s good experience for them. We created opportunities to get a goal tonight, but it wasn’t to be.

"Ezri was absolutely outstanding, very good for an 18-year-old at the back. It was a difficult game for him against on of the most robust strikers in the lower leagues and I thought he was magnificent. Going forwards, we’ve got a really good prospect."

You talked about the basics on Saturday, today's goal came from a long-throw so was it more of the same?

RS: "Yeah it’s frustrating for us that it was a long-throw tonight, we’ve spoken about this and worked on it and it's something we need to appreciate.

"Once again, it’s cost us a football match tonight."

Q: We saw a fair bit of possession, but do you think we created enough this evening?

RS: I just spoke to Nicky Ajose and he’s disappointed that he hasn’t put one away tonight.

"I thought we had chances to get a goal, but it’s about confidence and I felt we were snatching at chances to put one away."

Q: Not the ideal start to your Charlton career with two defeats?

RS: "No of course not, but it's a process. No one likes to talk about stability, we are trying to do that, and we will improve and get better.

"I thought, even tonight, that despite the changes there were some enterprising bits of play at times but can we improve? Yes, certainly. I’m not making excuses, we’ve lost two games."

Q: You talked about that transition of change, you mentioned potential signings over the weekend that haven’t happened, are the deals still on?

RS: "Very close. It’s not an issue, it happens. You want to get them done and sometimes they’re agreed and then changed and we have to wait.

"We waited for Rudd and Pearce and we got them so I feel very confident."

Q: Unfortunately, a player was supposedly in an argument with a fan after the game on Saturday, were you aware of this?

RS: "I heard there was something between a fan and Roger, I’ve spoke to him and said you can’t react and must focus on the game. He apologised and understood that."

Q: Was Ricky Holmes injured?

RS: "Yes, he felt his foot, I thought it was important that we got him off and saved his services for Saturday. I think he’ll be fine, but we’ll observe it in the coming days."

Q: Onto Saturday, how important is it that the fans are behind you?

RS: "Massive, we want to make it into a real fortress, but at the minute we are where we are, but there are facts that don’t help us.

"There is a great belief in the changing room about what we are doing, but it’s not coming out in the pitch. There are patches,when we move the ball quickly and there were parts of enterprising football that we need to build on."

Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2...Hfw7DcbqIvt.99