+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Go Becky

Re: Go Becky

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post
    It's the same in the sense that you seem to be suggesting people shouldn't be enjoying the Olympics as they should be more focused on the countries finances.

I'm sure most adults realise that in the grand scheme of each of our lives that the Olympics isn't the most important thing going on, but as a bit of light entertainment it good.

As mentioned this is a strange place to go venting this sort of feeling.
    Yeah, I agree, should be next door in the Politics forum. Trouble is, there's usually only Dai there.

The bit about in the scheme of things, I don't concur. People are bombarded with utterly unimportant crap 24/7. I'd have another bet that more could name five characters in Coronation Street than could tell you their own National Insurance number.

And with that I'll desist.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Yeah, I agree, should be next door in the Politics forum. Trouble is, there's usually only Dai there.

The bit about in the scheme of things, I don't concur. People are bombarded with utterly unimportant crap 24/7. I'd have another bet that more could name five characters in Coronation Street than could tell you their own National Insurance number.

And with that I'll desist.
    Off you go, don't trip over your tail - it's between your legs.

When I was a young un I couldn't care less about the world's economies. Back then, the 70s, everyone seemed to have a job, all seemed to be homeowners or had mortgages with ordinary blue collar jobs and those married women who worked did so for extras such as foreign holidays and a fully tiled bog. These days most wouldn't get a mortgage.
    Or maybe when you were younger you were too busy enjoying yourself to give a shit about the boring stuff?

Maybe you've just forgotten a time before you got old and bitter?

Wins the first ride in the semi final sprint. Gooooooooooooooo Becky.

Semi-final, Becky James 1-0 up.

I'm sure one of the presenters on BBC Breakfast this morning said they were going to interview Becky James' sister later in the show.

I'm sure one of the presenters on BBC Breakfast this morning said they were going to interview Becky James' sister later in the show.
    World's going to the dogs and you're sitting in front of the boob-toob watching BBC breakfast. I despair of the human race.

I think that was in error as I understand they interviewed the sister of Elinor Barker, also a cyclist from these parts.

I think it was a plot myself to catch us all out.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    World's going to the dogs and you're sitting in front of the boob-toob watching BBC breakfast. I despair of the human race.
    In my defence, I didn't turn the telly on and I wasn't watching it. It was background noise. Be assured a world-changing event will occur before November 8th next that will cause the postponement of the US Presidential Election.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have some tinfoil to rearrange.

Gold or silver guaranteed.

Quote Originally Posted by Elysium View Post
    Gold or silver guaranteed.
    Not sure about this......

Why's that?

Quote Originally Posted by Elysium View Post
    Why's that?
    It's a little too obvious.....

Great ride from Becky again

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    He was there with his hand close to his zip waiting for Steph McGovern to announce that every economy in the world is crashing.

Laura trott a fantastic race

I'm watching the German coverage of this. Think she has lost 2/0....bollocks. The German commentators are very excited. That was bloody close.

She doesn't look too disappointed though. Well done Becky James

Brillant, brilliant double silver for a wonderful Olympian from Monmouthshire.

Brilliant effort

Great to see how pleased our cyclists are with their medals. They don't take British dominance lightly. Fantastic team.

Fair play, she gave it a good go and was magnanimous to the German rider.

Feedback

pound for pound team GB are way ahead in the medals table which gives us all a fleeting 5 minutes away from the humdrum of normal life. yet we have the resident harbinger of doom downplaying what has been a fantastic games for us so far.

well done becky