+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Cardiff City in talks with Lafferty".

Re: "Cardiff City in talks with Lafferty".

I've just about got his song out of my head from the northern Ireland fans.

No idea if he is any good.

"Kaaaaaal Lafffarteeeeeeeeee"

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Possibly because Lafferty's 17 goals in 52 international appearances include strikes against the likes of the Faroe Islands (3), Belarus, San Marino, Liechtenstein and Georgia.

If you at his scoring record while he was with Rangers, you'll note he went several lengthy periods without a goal. He's no Kenny Miller, that's for sure.

Hi Dave.
    Nice to see you taking an interest.

1 in 3 in international football for a side like NI is a decent record- some of those teams above aren't mugs either. Georgia whacked Wales a few years back and Belarus aren't crap either.
    Out of the 50 odd games he also would have come up against quality opposition for almost half of them due to NI being so lowly ranked.

Wish Wales had a striker who could score 1 in 3 to help Bale. HRK for example has 4 goals in 34 appearances playing for probably a better side.

It's not just about goals, but chances he can make.

Wouldn't be my 1st choice, but not writing him off as it seems we've few options

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    It's not just about goals, but chances he can make.
    I was at the Fulham game. The first half was genuinely one of the most tedious displays of professional football I've ever witnessed. The home side offered little by way of attacking threat while City offered absolutely nothing. There was no kind of movement in and around the box at all.

Under the circumstances, I'm surprised Trollope and Co aren't looking to bring in a youngster from the lower divisions. After all, I can't believe a 29 year-old striker with a poor scoring record at this level and a dubious reputation is going to be the answer.

On the subject of strikers, I wonder how much influence Trollope had in the signings of Zohore and Gounongbe? I can't believe it was much. They look like Tan's bright ideas to me.

[QUOTE=The Lone Gunman;4666742]

Under the circumstances, I'm surprised Trollope and Co aren't looking to bring in a youngster from the lower divisions. After all, I can't believe a 29 year-old striker with a poor scoring record at this level and a dubious reputation is going to be the answer.
    This should be the way forward.

I quite liked the sax solo on baker street

Blue in the Face

Cardiff City close in on Kyle Lafferty, Federico Macheda leaves Bluebirds

http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...utual-consent?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    Cardiff City close in on Kyle Lafferty, Federico Macheda leaves Bluebirds

http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...utual-consent?

Getting rid of Macheda and bringing in Lafferty.

Surely an improvement?

Then again, Lafferty could fart Men Of Harlech before kick off and it would be an improvement on anything that useless turd ever did.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Getting rid of Macheda and bringing in Lafferty.

Surely an improvement?

Then again, Lafferty could fart Men Of Harlech before kick off and it would be an improvement on anything that useless turd ever did.
    Ah yes, the ancient proverb "Tis better to fart with meaning, than to poo without purpose"

It gets worse with Lafferty (though I suppose some will say it gets better) - we are trying to sign him on a permanent basis according to this.

http://readnorwich.com/2016/08/30/ca...ign-lafferty/?

He's already looking forward to cancelling his 40k a week 3 year contract by mutual consent in July!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It gets worse with Lafferty (though I suppose some will say it gets better) - we are trying to sign him on a permanent basis according to this.

http://readnorwich.com/2016/08/30/ca...ign-lafferty/?
    The worst scenario, another ALF/ Macheda in a years time.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    He's already looking forward to cancelling his 40k a week 3 year contract by mutual consent in July!

It's funny because it's true.