+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Film 16

Re: Film 16

Oh and Adventureland - a bit of a love film I guess but not in the usual way.

The Wee Man. Whole film here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ie1AU1HnLa0

Released in 2013 in tells the life story of former Glasgow gangster Paul Ferris. It mostly concerns his conflicts with two families, one of whom was headed by Arthur 'The Godfather' Thompson who he worked for then went to gang war with. Plenty of violence for those who enjoy the genre.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post

Released in 2013 in tells the life story of former Glasgow gangster Paul Ferris. It mostly concerns his conflicts with two families, one of whom was headed by Arthur 'The Godfather' Thompson who he worked for then went to gang war with. Plenty of violence for those who enjoy the genre.
    Watched this last week, very good film and a top performance from the bloke who played 'fatboy' Thompson junior .

Quote Originally Posted by Maccy Blue View Post
    If you like the quirkiness and fun of Wilderpeople have a look at Napoleon Dynamite, Nacho Libre, MicMacs (French subbed), Amelie (French subbed again but the second best film in the world imho), Hot Rod (not as rude as it sounds) and slightly different The Way Way Back (best recnt film for a long time). Also liked The Lifeguard and The To Do List for their not so usual approach to film-making.
    I've seen a few of those but i accept the challenge of digging up the others.
    Also love Amelie, not seen it in a while though.

This looks up my street so will give this a watch tomorrow night.

A bit slow but overall properly good.

One film I have really enjoyed recently was The Wave - a Norwegian disaster movie. Yep - you read that right a Norwegian disaster movie that puts the contrived shite Hollywood puts out to shame. It is a subtitled film so make sure you get a download with them. It may have been dubbed but I haven't seen this around. It was really well acted and had some properly tense moments in it that weren't hammed up. Would highly recommend it.

https://youtu.be/yKbo380TICE

I will up it to my google drive if there is demand.
    You may like "Snowpiercer".

I watched it on a perfect upload on youtube but it seems like theyve removed it.

Anyone watched free state of Jones yet, been looking forward to watching wondered if anyone got any reviews yet same with magnificent 7

Quote Originally Posted by شهرستان کاردیف View Post

I watched it on a perfect upload on youtube but it seems like theyve removed it.
    Will look that up. I can get a good copy of it usually from my dodgy sources!

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    I've seen a few of those but i accept the challenge of digging up the others.
    Also love Amelie, not seen it in a while though.
    If you struggle to get hold of any let me know. I will shove them on my cloud drive.

talking of films

just been sent a link from a mate who wants to watch a movie

http://best-newmovies.com/

anyone used it ? ? ? or any recommendations of something similar for him ?? needs to be fairly simple for him

If you struggle to get hold of any let me know. I will shove them on my cloud drive.

I'll add a plus one on Snowpiercer, hell of a concept.
    Bloody grim though.

Quote Originally Posted by شهرستان کاردیف View Post

http://putlocker.sg/watch-snowpierce...putlocker.html

That was as basic as it gets. It certainly lacked any fitness and was a bit clichéd but Martin Compston in the lead part was very good as was John Hannah. Very watchable all the same.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Just watched The Invitation. Nice and edgy with one or two good moments.
    Finally caught up with this. Was really in the mood for this kind of dark and tense film. The reviews don't rave about it but I loved it.

Blue in the Face

I'll add a plus one on Snowpiercer, hell of a concept.
    Bloody grim though.
    Didn't love Snowpiercer. But the director Joon-Ho Bong is great though. Saw him give a talk last year (to a room of many adoring South Korean fans). He's made much better films than this for me. If you haven't yet seen "The Host" and especially "Memories of Murder", check them out.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by Richyrich View Post
    Watched this - "Going Clear", a revealing doc about the warped industry that is Scientology. Brilliant. Imagine a few on here will love it as much as I did. Think it's on Netflix...

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    Watched this - "Going Clear", a revealing doc about the warped industry that is Scientology. Brilliant. Imagine a few on here will love it as much as I did. Think it's on Netflix...
    Yeah it fantastic, fascinating and terrifying.

Louis Theroux has a long delayed doc on Scientology coming out next month. Should be good.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5111874/?ref_=nm_flmg_wr_1
    Last edited by Charlie; 20-09-16 at 12:34.

Blue in the Face

Yeah it fantastic, fascinating and terrifying.

Louis Theroux has a long delayed doc on Scientology coming out next month. Should be good.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5111874/?ref_=nm_flmg_wr_1
    Think the Colonel posted a trailer for that somewhere in this thread. Looks ****ing great. The whole subject is fascinating. It's like all these folks get caught in this militaristic ponzi scheme where you have to live by a schizophrenic code. Great that it's in the autumn slot which means the distributors think it's Oscar worthy. Louis deserves the recognition.

The interesting thing I got from the Going Clear doc is that Scientology is really on a massive decline, but it's just become a money laundering front to hide it's money on real estate around the world. It only has 50k members but the company value is in the billions. If the US taxman gets back on their asses the whole scam would disappear.

Just watched the Louis Theroux Scientology doc.
    Its very good,a lot less dry than Going Clear though just as revealing.
    A few familiar faces from Going Clear, Marty Rathbun in particular is his main companion through the film though he comes across quite differently than previously seen.
    The constant surveilance of him and Louis is staggering, cant quite see what they hope to achieve from it apart from looking even more like a lunatic cult than they usually do.
    Well worth a watch, 1hr 40mins , not to dense but full of eye opening content.

Blue in the Face

Just watched the Louis Theroux Scientology doc.
    Its very good,a lot less dry than Going Clear though just as revealing.
    A few familiar faces from Going Clear, Marty Rathbun in particular is his main companion through the film though he comes across quite differently than previously seen.
    The constant surveilance of him and Louis is staggering, cant quite see what they hope to achieve from it apart from looking even more like a lunatic cult than they usually do.
    Well worth a watch, 1hr 40mins , not to dense but full of eye opening content.
    My guess is the Scientology agenda is for the US government to not reverse their decision of recognising scientology as a religion so they can avoid paying hundreds of millions in tax. The whole thing seems to have become a tax haven front for what is now a multi billion dollar property empire. Films like this threaten to blow the lid I guess.

They seem to have a lot of friends in high places though,mentions of an aborted FBI bust which even with the help of ex members wouldn't have found anything as things are so well hidden, that was mainly about the abuse.
    Very little mention of finances in this film, more on a personal level. Which is what Louie is good at.

Where did you see it? I thought this wasn't out till January!

Blue in the Face

They seem to have a lot of friends in high places though,mentions of an aborted FBI bust which even with the help of ex members wouldn't have found anything as things are so well hidden, that was mainly about the abuse.
    Very little mention of finances in this film, more on a personal level. Which is what Louie is good at.
    True. Louis has always been about characters over sensational stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    That was the original release date but it's been brought forward. They probably originally intended it for the Oscars slot, but the reviews have been mixed so it's better to release earlier in a less saturated market if the hype isn't amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    The usual dodgy places.
    I got it from rarbg

https://rarbg.to/torrent/y8ioatz