+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: US Election - Trump Wins

Re: US Election - Trump Ahead Currently

Oh well at least California has legalised cannabis for recreational use:)

Re: US Election - Trump Wins

Rags to riches?

Wtf

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC_Urawa_Reds View Post
    I don't think the world media could have been any more pro-Clint, anti-Trump. Therefore, Bernie still would not have stood a chance.
    I doubt many American voters know or care what the 'world media' thought about the candidates. They didn't appear to be much influenced by the American print media either - which overwhelmingly endorsed Clinton. However, Trump had a tame TV network in Fox and a huge range of right-wing radio stations backing him. More important I think is the impact of social media - where Trump and his surrogates were more persistent and aggressive than the Clinton camp and kept hammering a few simple messages that connected with voters.

Quote Originally Posted by tigerbaybluebird View Post
    Rags to riches?

Wtf

Whooooooooosh.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    In his defence, he started out with nothing apart from a million dollar loan from his dad.

A real rags to riches story that gives hope to all of us.

If you work hard and want something badly enough then you can do anything in this life.

Trump is like our very own *****.
    That's pretty harsh on Trump

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Brexit, Trump and Corbyn ... it could never happen

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    This world's fecked.
    Get digging your survival shelters.
    We gotta get promoted first before hell freezes over you know

Quote Originally Posted by Ring_Peace View Post
    We gotta get promoted first before hell freezes over you know
    We gonna make Carrrdiff great again.
    Build the wall! Build the wall!

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    We gonna make Carrrdiff great again.
    Build the wall! Build the wall!
    We gonna win so much you gonna get tired of winning!

Clinton ahead in the popular vote.

NPR reports:

As of 7.20 am ET, Clinton had amassed 59,059,121 votes nationally, to Trump’s 58,935,231 — a margin of 123,890 that puts Clinton on track to become the fifth U.S. presidential candidate to win the popular vote but lose the election.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...6-live-reactio

Lots of people being very dramatic, both in the states and over here, after Brexit and presidential votes.
    The people of both countries have spoken, and democracy has enabled both results to happen.
    In today's world we have famine,poverty, and wars breaking out all over the planet, as well as the threat of terrorism.
    Just as we always have.
    Same old, same old. You'd be better off worrying if Warnock can keep us up rather than getting bogged down with politics.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Lots of people being very dramatic, both in the states and over here, after Brexit and presidential votes.
    The people of both countries have spoken, and democracy has enabled both results to happen.
    In today's world we have famine,poverty, and wars breaking out all over the planet, as well as the threat of terrorism.
    Just as we always have.
    Same old, same old. You'd be better off worrying if Warnock can keep us up rather than getting bogged down with politics.
    I think that the idea that if something or someone one is voted for democratically, then it automatically makes it the right decision, is a bit of a flawed theory. Wars, famine, poverty are all end products of the bad democratic decisions we have taken throughout history - and we continue to make the same mistakes.

The one chink of light I can see in Trump's is the start of the rejection of the established method of democracy and politics that has allowed this kind circle of wars, famine and poverty to perpetuate.

It's a bonkers system. Clinton could end up winning more individual votes than Trump, but because he won the states with the largest number of electoral college votes, he wins.
    It's a funny way to define democracy.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    It's a bonkers system. Clinton could end up winning more individual votes than Trump, but because he won the states with the largest number of electoral college votes, he wins.
    It's a funny way to define democracy.
    Had it been the other way around I'm sure it would have been fine though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    Not with Trump it wouldn't have been.

Herself asked me how their electoral system worked last night - I had to look it up. It's mad.

If only one single person turned up to vote in Florida, and their vote would effectively be worth more than a couple of million in another state.

No matter which way the result goes, that's bonkers.

this board is comedy gold every now and then

Clintons speech feed. Starts in 15 mins apparently.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/watch-hilla...-trump-1590712

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Not with Trump it wouldn't have been.

Herself asked me how their electoral system worked last night - I had to look it up. It's mad.

If only one single person turned up to vote in Florida, and their vote would effectively be worth more than a couple of million in another state.

No matter which way the result goes, that's bonkers.
    I agree that it sounds a bit mad but it has presumably been the same for everyone else who has been elected in the past? people have been happy with previous results so I guess they are used to it like that.

Thanks, Obarmer.

Banned

Well done Donald.

I agree that it sounds a bit mad but it has presumably been the same for everyone else who has been elected in the past? people have been happy with previous results so I guess they are used to it like that.
    Indeed.
    I guess it's no more or less mad than our system to be fair

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC_Urawa_Reds View Post
    First Brexit, now Trump. Signs that people can rise above media brainwashing and accepted (and dangerous) ultra left garbage.

The sooner we can do away with ultra left lunatics, as well as far right, the safer/better the world will be.

Centre, left of centre, right of centre = great.
    The Democrats are centrists...

Trump may or may not be a good president, his victory speech is the most calm and respectable he's looked. In the very least he has a far easier ride to surprising people in a positive fashion than he does in a negative way.

However, Trump's campaign was negative, misinforming, lacking in policy (the policy there was was scary - deny climate change and repeal Obamacare) and often reduced his "movement" to three or four word slogans which didn't really mean anything.

The best thing Hilary did was release a video which showed all the clips of Trump's racist, homophobic, sexist, ignorant and crass comments with the tagline "our children are watching". Sadly, it's not just American children watching but also hundred's of other political minds who see that you can run such a campaign and still be rewarded with victory. We already have "dead cat" Crosby with a Queen's honour and now Trump with the biggest job in the Western world.

It's not just the next four years which could be very scary (again, he may surprise us all) but the countless campaigns further down the road which will borrow from Crosby and Trump and be rewarded is a terrifying prospect.

Politicians! Are there any out there that you could all agree was a good solid incorrupt competent leader.

i doubt it

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Trump may or may not be a good president, his victory speech is the most calm and respectable he's looked. In the very least he has a far easier ride to surprising people in a positive fashion than he does in a negative way.

However, Trump's campaign was negative, misinforming, lacking in policy (the policy there was was scary - deny climate change and repeal Obamacare) and often reduced his "movement" to three or four word slogans which didn't really mean anything.

The best thing Hilary did was release a video which showed all the clips of Trump's racist, homophobic, sexist, ignorant and crass comments with the tagline "our children are watching". Sadly, it's not just American children watching but also hundred's of other political minds who see that you can run such a campaign and still be rewarded with victory. We already have "dead cat" Crosby with a Queen's honour and now Trump with the biggest job in the Western world.

It's not just the next four years which could be very scary (again, he may surprise us all) but the countless campaigns further down the road which will borrow from Crosby and Trump and be rewarded is a terrifying prospect.
    I don't get all the post-election hysteria. Lots of people seem to think Trump will now be some kind of out-of-control dictator loon. Old orange face still has to work within the framework of government of which he has no experience and not many allies. I doubt he’ll do very much beyond discretely lining his own pockets. Apologies if WW3 breaks out within the next few weeks but I don't foresee a Trump-inspired global meltdown any time soon.