+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: US Election - Trump Wins

Re: US Election - Trump Wins

My Croesy detecting radar makes a humming noise on seeing Silures posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Who the **** is crosey?

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post

There will be a lot of that in the weeks to come.

Re: US Election - Trump Ahead Currently

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    The American Nation has spoken. When the forgotten get a voice don't be surprised with their message.
    Just like Brexit there is a world outside the cosmopolitan major cities. The smaller less glamourous states who have never had a voice till now, right or wrong they have now been heard and the message is change for good or bad we are yet to see.

Power to the people.
    it was always worth a shot for them, nothing to lose and maybe a little to gain, who knows maybe trump will impose import tariffs and the US will reverse the rot that has taken hold, maybe just maybe they can rebuild manufacturing again

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    Idiot.
    Idiot for telling it like it is. Diane the slag Abbott is a rancid slag racist and Corbin is nothing but a lying bully

There will be a lot of that in the weeks to come.
    Seems like he's been living on the internet to long and has gone all paranoid. Thinks everyone is the same person

^^ ^^
    Idiot!

^^ ^^
    Idiot!
    Dickead hehehe ^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Silures View Post
    Dickead hehehe ^^^^^^
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Silures View Post
    Dickead hehehe ^^^^^^
    well you're obviously not fresh in from the outside world!! chris

Anyone who is content with Trump becoming president is an absolute disgrace to this forum and this football club

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Anyone who is content with Trump becoming president is an absolute disgrace to this forum and this football club

Who else should they have voted for? Sanders got nobbled.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Who else should they have voted for? Sanders got nobbled.
    Now that the American electoral college has given us Trump I think Bernie Sanders' has set the right tone - let him get on with it but no free pass (and that includes peaceful demonstrations):

"Donald Trump tapped into the anger of a declining middle class that is sick and tired of establishment economics, establishment politics and the establishment media.

People are tired of working longer hours for lower wages, of seeing decent paying jobs go to China and other low-wage countries, of billionaires not paying any federal income taxes and of not being able to afford a college education for their kids – all while the rich become very much richer.

To the degree that Mr Trump is serious about pursuing policies that improve the lives of working families in this country, I and other progressives are prepared to work with him.

To the degree that he pursues racist, sexist, xenophobic and anti-environment policies, we will vigorously oppose him".

Anyone who believes Trumps pre election persona will relate much to President Trump doesn't now much about politics.
    He will tone it down , he wont cut off China , he wont bring the jobs home as it isnt feasible. I could go on.
    The President is a figure head not someone in total control of the country.

Go **** yourself.

I am not going to defend Donald Trump, I would never vote for him in an ordinary election but this was no ordinary election. The thought of Hillary Clinton is as shocking, if not more shocking than Trump. I think Trump will surprise many on here to be quite a competent president. I am content with Trump as president, I am not thrilled or happy about the outcome but he won't be as bad as you think, much like Brexit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Anyone who believes Trumps pre election persona will relate much to President Trump doesn't now much about politics.
    He will tone it down , he wont cut off China , he wont bring the jobs home as it isnt feasible. I could go on.
    As long as he builds a wall then nothing else matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I don't think she did give anywhere near as much back. Your point about the working class being left behind is an interesting one. Are they? Clinton won more of the popular vote than Trump amongst the poorest. Trump won more of the popular vote than Clinton amongst the most affluent.
    I think the white male blue collar vote was strongly fuelled and anti immigration. So globalisation has played a part.
    She called nearly half the country a "basket of deplorables" and "irredeemable". Very nasty. She also refused to say something nice about Trump during one of the debates and generally mocked him throughout.

Those stats you gave me are heavily skewed by racial factors (most will be working class), 8% of black people voted Trump, surprisingly 29% of hispanics voted for Trump. You will find the elites in America almost exclusively backed Clinton. You only have to look at Trump largely having to self fund his campaign compared to Clinton who received obscene donations from Soros and co. Also take a look at Hollywood, the media luvvies exclusively backed Clinton, in fact the highest profile endorsements Trump received were iron Mike Tyson and Gary Busey.

I found this election fascinating. As you probably know, America is like two countries, Rural Vs Urban. I have first hand experience of the differences, I was lucky enough to be able to work in America for three months shortly after Obama was elected in 2008. I was based in Milwaukee but regularly had to go "upstate" to the sticks. I listened to talk radio the whole time I was there, I was surprised by the liberal nature of the content in Milwaukee but when I traveled outside of the city the stations were quite terrifying, angry and the hatred of Obama was palpable. This wasn't even the deep south.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    It's a fair point, but Trump isn't a politician. Whether you think Obama was a good president or not, he had the statesman aura about him, and Trump needs to find that.

His victory speech was good though, and that's all we have to go on so far.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Now that the American electoral college has given us Trump I think Bernie Sanders' has set the right tone - let him get on with it but no free pass (and that includes peaceful demonstrations):

"Donald Trump tapped into the anger of a declining middle class that is sick and tired of establishment economics, establishment politics and the establishment media.

People are tired of working longer hours for lower wages, of seeing decent paying jobs go to China and other low-wage countries, of billionaires not paying any federal income taxes and of not being able to afford a college education for their kids – all while the rich become very much richer.

To the degree that Mr Trump is serious about pursuing policies that improve the lives of working families in this country, I and other progressives are prepared to work with him.

To the degree that he pursues racist, sexist, xenophobic and anti-environment policies, we will vigorously oppose him".
    It's interesting that American politicians always bang on about looking after their middle class whereas here it's all about hard-working families (who are presumably not middle class in the main).

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird since 1948 View Post
    She called nearly half the country a "basket of deplorables" and "irredeemable". Very nasty. She also refused to say something nice about Trump during one of the debates and generally mocked him throughout.

Those stats you gave me are heavily skewed by racial factors (most will be working class), 8% of black people voted Trump, surprisingly 29% of hispanics voted for Trump. You will find the elites in America almost exclusively backed Clinton. You only have to look at Trump largely having to self fund his campaign compared to Clinton who received obscene donations from Soros and co. Also take a look at Hollywood, the media luvvies exclusively backed Clinton, in fact the highest profile endorsements Trump received were iron Mike Tyson and Gary Busey.

I found this election fascinating. As you probably know, America is like two countries, Rural Vs Urban. I have first hand experience of the differences, I was lucky enough to be able to work in America for three months shortly after Obama was elected in 2008. I was based in Milwaukee but regularly had to go "upstate" to the sticks. I listened to talk radio the whole time I was there, I was surprised by the liberal nature of the content in Milwaukee but when I traveled outside of the city the stations were quite terrifying, angry and the hatred of Obama was palpable. This wasn't even the deep south.
    You secured a job in America eight years ago? Let's see, you were aged 84 then. What were you, a fecking wheelchair tester?! 8% of blacks and 29% of Hispanics voted for Trump, you say. Pollsters' credibility is in the dirt following yesterday and Brexit but assuming those figures are broadly correct, which they likely are, the huge majority amongst those ethnicities probably feared Trump's pledge to return jobs to the USA with the expectancy they secure work instead of gobbling government cheese for no effort other than to drop sprogs at intervals. I was surprised that enough white heterosexuals remained in the critical swing states to push Trump over the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    It's interesting that American politicians always bang on about looking after their middle class whereas here it's all about hard-working families (who are presumably not middle class in the main).
    Doesn't 'middle class' mean something different in America?

No - she called half the Trump supporters a 'basket of deplorables' and 'irredemable' (i.e people who are racist, sexist, homophobic or xenophobic). When she made those comments - a serious mistake for many reasons - she was talking about the people who were actively supporting Trump during the election campaign, not future voters. So not 'half the country' - just half the Trump activists!

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/09/09/po...f-deplorables/

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Was that genuinely in response to my post or using my post to make a general point? My point was about how Trump campaigned and won anyway (which could have scary impact on the world) regardless of what he'll do as president.

Unless it is a truly dodgy system it seems unlikely a leader could be elected on 75% of the vote let alone 95% plus. However, there is a difference between the way Trump has campaigned and the policies he has announced as key (climate change being a myth etc.) and most political leaders when they are on the opposite side of the spectrum to an individual.
    No, not having a go at you bruv - I totally agree with you about how crass his campaign was. We'll just have to wait and see if a crass campaign translates into a crass presidency.

Go **** yourself.

I am not going to defend Donald Trump, I would never vote for him in an ordinary election but this was no ordinary election. The thought of Hillary Clinton is as shocking, if not more shocking than Trump. I think Trump will surprise many on here to be quite a competent president. I am content with Trump as president, I am not thrilled or happy about the outcome but he won't be as bad as you think, much like Brexit.
    Sorry to break it to you mate, but you're defending Donald Trump there. Now go **** yourself.