+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Parking Ticket

Parking Ticket

Can you get out of one on a technicality due to the wrong street address being used?

Re: Parking Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dragon View Post
    Can you get out of one on a technicality due to the wrong street address being used?
    Certainly worth a try!Fact is you weren't parked where they say you were,Go for it.

If you are prepared to have a long drawn out affair, where the fine will keep on rising, until eventually (prob with solicitor help ) they cave in and scrap the ticket then yes I believe you will get away on the grounds of wrong street name.

I tried it once when they put the wrong time on the ticket. I went down the police station and pointed out that I am going to be booked for illegal parking in 25 mins time when my car was in the police car park as I spoke !! I was told to write an objection and the standard response was even though the time was wrong, the car was still illegally parked which caused the ticket to be issued in the first place. They will say the same with the street name.

If you go all the way and fight it I think you will win.....but it just might be a little less stressful if you just pay it now while it's cheap !

Let us know if you fight it though ......it will interest the board !

I have written a letter. Reading about it via Pepipo, it should be easily won. The offence of parking on Fitzalan Road did not happen, I was on Knox Road.

I have a map provided by the Cardiff Council which clearly shows I was parked on Knox Road and not Fitzalan Road. I rung them and they have said their systems show its Fitzalan Road, so will see how it goes, but I have sent them their map, google maps and OS map showing its Knox road. And provided a drawing to show where the 2 Fitzalan Roads (either side of Fitzalan Place) go to show where the original road would have gone and therefore where Fitzalan Road finishes and Knox Road starts.

I was parked in the layby outside Brunel House. My defence is that the offence of parking on Fitzalan Road does not exist, so therefore this parking ticket should be cancelled.

I have written a letter. Reading about it via Pepipo,
    At that speed you're looking at a court case.

Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post
    At that speed you're looking at a court case.
    It's already at bailiffs. Been put on hold whilst I appeal for a separate reason.

Adding this in to hopefully not have to go through having my appeal rejected.

six months in the big house and a smashed in back door , all for being pedantic .

If even in the smallest way, and it may be the smallest way, a fine is meant to deter you from parking where you shouldn't then should you get away with it on this technicality?

You have said you're appealing for a different reason however based on this thread then you're not the most sympathetic case. Given that the Council's funding is being cut again this year...

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    If even in the smallest way, and it may be the smallest way, a fine is meant to deter you from parking where you shouldn't then should you get away with it on this technicality?

You have said you're appealing for a different reason however based on this thread then you're not the most sympathetic case. Given that the Council's funding is being cut again this year...

Cuts, with earnings like this, we should live here FREE

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wa...s-bus-10690226

I believe it's over 4 million now.

Whilst appreciating the opposing views expressed I always enjoy taking on "the man" and have an admiration for others that do - good luck

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post