Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
I've never really been that bothered about Swansea. Perhaps its an age thing. In my early years as a City fan Swansea Town were not an issue , they were usually in another Division and we only seemed to play them occasionally in the Welsh Cup. In fact we didn't play them in the league at all between 1965 and 1980. We started playing them more often after that when times weren't so good. I was more bothered about Bristol City as local rivals in those days and still am. We always seemed to be playing them. I always remember my father telling me how pleased he was when we beat them to promotion from the 3rd Division South just after the war. A quick count up shows that we have only ever played Swansea 56 times in the league but Bristol City 80 times. I suppose that one mellows with old age but I would prefer a situation whereby they stayed up and we joined them. It might even be good for Welsh football (a bit of mindless optimism there). However, my dislike for Leeds United which was acquired in the 70s has not abated so I would be quite happy to see them disappear from the face of the earth completely.
Think your right it is an age thing ,so many bigger rivalries and stand up battles back in the 70 's, this Swansea thing is more of a petty jelousy chip on the old shoulder thing .

Trying to get at Brizzies fans via police lines as they chanted Aberfan at us at Ashton Gate is real hatred .

It stoned as we got off a train at Elland Road.

Cornered and beaten up at Milwall and Pompey puts it all into a perspective for me .

Can't wait to play and best them though next year.