Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
Don't get me wrong, I'm quite enjoying the entertainment on display under Warnock and have gone away from most games thinking 'i quite enjoyed that game' and the Barnsley game was superb entertainment, however i don't see the need to vilify superior brands of football to ours just because we can't play it.

Ultimately it's horses for courses and you are not gonna get Lee Peltier playing like Dani Alves or Gunnarsson playing like Iniesta!

I do hope we stregthen with some flair and pace so we can at least play some more football "in the right areas" in January though.
It's not 'a superior brand of football' unless it is winning.

As for using the term 'brand' to describe football. NO !

I enjoyed watching Liverpool play last night as they played at a tempo and hit some beautiful cross field passes. It was almost like Whittingham was there. However both they and Stoke were shocking defensively and they will win nothing unless they sort that out.

I agree with Tony about free kicks going back to keepers. It's rubbish.
What I'm amazed we'd don't do more often is push the ball wide from free kick start to improve the angle of the cross.

So many times we attempt the impossible pass.

As for back passes to the keeper, that's fine if the full backs are pushing wide so the keeper can pass to feet, but more often than not the only option is a clearance under pressure, or the ball is held too long and the opposition can get reorganised