Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
That show disappeared up its own arse quite a while ago. Watched the first episode of this series and realised I wasn't interested in watching the rest.

Apparently it's too much to ask for a show about a clever detective and his faithful partner solving crimes, which is what it started out as, instead we get some oblique shitshow that jumps around like a 90's Tarantino movie while trying to simultaneously be gritty, flashy, broad and weirdly politically correct in that way BBC drama tends to be.

Better to give the Ridley Scott/Tom Hardy vehicle "Taboo" a watch, the first two episodes have been a good watch although, what with it being a BBC show, episode 3 will probably see the introduction of a new character, a sassy and super-intelligent female Asian twenty-something that can inexplicably beat up 10 men at once with karate.
I couldn't agree more. Moffat has ruined Doctor Who and with this series pretty well done for Sherlock too. How many writers can claim to have killed two superheroes ?

I also agree with you about Taboo too.