Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
He wont, unless he learns how to finish from six yards, there are other aspects of his game that he needs to improve on, although his finishing in and around the box is the biggest issue. I like him, he's very composed, but he can't finish with instinct, he likes to lift his head up and see the goal, when the likes of Chopra and Earnie didn't have to lift their head up, they just new, and acted automatically. If 'Big Ken' can add that to his game, then we've got a player.
I loved Earnie and Chopra but this doesn't stop me from seeming to remember that they both needed a lot of chances to score a goal. In fact I can remember that irritating me about Earnie more than anything - he'd get into great positions but fail to score a lot of times.

It's important to remember that this is the first time Zohore has really understood what he is capable of - and with that comes confidence. Both his goals on Saturday were real class in their execution and the confidence with which they were scored. It's just a pity that he missed the much simpler 6 yard chance in the first half, but those will come as he learns what is needed to finish those close range chances.

Having said that, I'm not yet getting carried away. He's still benefitting from the fact that he's only just starting to be seen as a real threat. The marking is about to become a whole lot harder for him from here on in - the true test of whether he's got what it takes will come then. If he can get over 10 goals this campaign he'll have done well for his Rookie season.