Think it may become a future Brexit type of problem , more to do with demand on its services than crime,see this article based on knowledge from Quora :

Some facts and figures: "Relative to the size of its population, Sweden is the country with the largest number of asylum seekers (24.4 asylum seekers per 1,000 inhabitants on average, during the last five years)" Quote from UNHCR: Asylum applications in industrialized world soar to almost 900,000 in 2014
http://www.unhcr.org/5512c51e9.html

Now is this to be considered a problem or not? Some Swedes certainly think so, as the Sweden Democrats, the party that wants to limit immigration, has gone from getting 1% of the votes in 2002 to almost 13% in 2014. See: Sweden Democrats

On the other hand, in a recent Eurobarometer survey, it turns out that Swedes are by far the most positive in the EU towards non-EU immigrants (72% positive) Se article with links: Sweden by far EU's most pro-immigrant nation

At the same time, there is a lack of housing in many parts of Sweden, and building new houses involves high costs and a lot of red tape. Sweden also has relatively few low-skilled jobs to offer immigrants with little or no education (read this recently, but can't find a link right now). These two aspects make integration much more difficult. On the other hand, Sweden has recovered well from the financial crisis compared to other EU countries.

As I have a background in teaching immigrants in a suburb of Stockholm, I believe that Swedish schools urgently need to follow the example of Finnish ones, where special need is given to pupils of 7-8 years, instead of when they are 14-15 when it is too late, as is done in Sweden. It is true that Finland has far fewer immigrants, but I still believe that the pedagogical approach used there would be extremely beneficial for immigrants in Sweden.

Sweden gets lot of poor Roma from Romania and Bulgaria begging in the streets, and even though there is a lot of resentment against them, there are also lots of initiatives to help them, both by NGOs and at government level. Sweden has offered Romania to help them getting aid from the EU to give their Roma people a better standard of living, as these funds have been largely unused.

As the conflict in Syria won't be solved anytime soon, Sweden and many other countries will certainly need to consider ways to help refugees for many years to come. So whichever solutions you prefer, there certainly is a problem.

Some facts and figures: "Relative to the size of its population, Sweden is the country with the largest number of asylum seekers (24.4 asylum seekers per 1,000 inhabitants on average, during the last five years)" Quote from UNHCR: Asylum applications in industrialized world soar to almost 900,000 in 2014
http://www.unhcr.org/5512c51e9.html

Now is this to be considered a problem or not? Some Swedes certainly think so, as the Sweden Democrats, the party that wants to limit immigration, has gone from getting 1% of the votes in 2002 to almost 13% in 2014. See: Sweden Democrats

On the other hand, in a recent Eurobarometer survey, it turns out that Swedes are by far the most positive in the EU towards non-EU immigrants (72% positive) Se article with links: Sweden by far EU's most pro-immigrant nation

At the same time, there is a lack of housing in many parts of Sweden, and building new houses involves high costs and a lot of red tape. Sweden also has relatively few low-skilled jobs to offer immigrants with little or no education (read this recently, but can't find a link right now). These two aspects make integration much more difficult. On the other hand, Sweden has recovered well from the financial crisis compared to other EU countries.

As I have a background in teaching immigrants in a suburb of Stockholm, I believe that Swedish schools urgently need to follow the example of Finnish ones, where special need is given to pupils of 7-8 years, instead of when they are 14-15 when it is too late, as is done in Sweden. It is true that Finland has far fewer immigrants, but I still believe that the pedagogical approach used there would be extremely beneficial for immigrants in Sweden.

Sweden gets lot of poor Roma from Romania and Bulgaria begging in the streets, and even though there is a lot of resentment against them, there are also lots of initiatives to help them, both by NGOs and at government level. Sweden has offered Romania to help them getting aid from the EU to give their Roma people a better standard of living, as these funds have been largely unused.

As the conflict in Syria won't be solved anytime soon, Sweden and many other countries will certainly need to consider ways to help refugees for many years to come. So whichever solutions you prefer, there certainly is a problem.