Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
I didnt understand why I disliked him so much.

He was being interviewed on Saturday, spouting quotes like " nobody is going to get us out of this situation" and "we can only rely on ourselves" . Just the way he said it got my back up. He is the king of stating the obvious and trying to make it sound like it is profound.

That said I dont wish him ill, as he has a family to look after, his football life hasn't been great since he left here, probably because he isnt a good football manager.
When Solskjaer was sacked we were only 5 points off the playoffs with loads of games to go. I think that the signing of someone who had never managed at this level before after a century of solid service in the lower divisions was not going to whet the appetite of fans who had seen top flight football the season before. He was on to a loser straight away. Before Trollope was appointed the gap between us and the top 6 had grown from 5 to 16 points. His fate was sealed early on.

Between them, Trollope and Slade did an ok job but there was always the feeling that we could have been doing better - younger players were being ignored, Slade's eye for a bargain hadn't delivered as much as the owners were reckoning on, while tactically we were about as flexible as a nuclear bunker. Slade was probably doing his best and working as hard as he could, certainly behind the scenes and balancing the books, but in terms of getting the best out of the players Slade was probably just a bit out of his depth at Championship level.