Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
I was backing you up on your first point. It's an old saying in itself.

Agreed with the rest. TLG had his opinion, laboured it a little too far on here imho with the attendance bashing nonsense, but otherwise he made his decision and stuck to it, for whatever reasons he had.

I think time and events back up the point in your 3rd sentence. I still maintain that the temporary red kit was simply the icing on the cake for a lot of the old 'faces' (not in the hoolie sense). The move from NP to the CCS, the saturation / sterility of 'modern' football, growing up and other family / work / travel commitments all hit home for a few well known posters on here who chose to no longer go, as it does to us all from time to time.

The persistent anti Tan stance is completely unnecessary however, imo.

Anyone remember these very dark days?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39126425

I do. Very well. And I wouldn't wish them on any football fan. But it's happening right now to Leyton Orient and no matter what you think of Tan, he rescued us from this very situation which was happening seemingly weekly. That is fact.
Depends on your viewpoint. Considering his remaining ambivalence to CCFC, TLG probably feels Tan already killed off the club.