+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Arise Sir David Beckham

Arise Sir David Beckham

I had a very busy few weeks and lost touch of the news, so my apologies for being late, I'm just catching up.

I think what someone tried to do to DB in hacking his emails and trying to bribe him is terrible. It's a crime and I hope whoever attempted it is thrown behind bars.

Sadly I didn't have the self discipline to avoid reading what the emails said. I accept that some were maybe taken out of context and that in the heat of the moment things may have been said privately that should not reflect DB's 'whole' being.... but I am staggered by the audacity of DB to 'expect' a knighthood, adding (about the honours committee), 'if it's not a knighthood they can fxxk off' and then slagging off Catherine Jenkins.

Really David? Role model?

How did we reach a point where sports stars 'expect' knighthoods?
    Last edited by AfricanBluebird; 06-03-17 at 14:45.

Re: Arise Sir David Beckham

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    I had a very busy few weeks and lost touch of the news, so my apologies for being late, I'm just catching up.

I think what someone tried to do to DB in hacking his emails and trying to bribe him is terrible. It's a crime and I hope whoever attempted it is thrown behind bars.

Sadly I didn't have the self discipline to avoid reading what the emails said. I accept that some were maybe taken out of context and that in the heat of the moment things may have been said privately that should not reflect DB's 'whole' being.... but I am staggered by the audacity of DB to 'expect' a knighthood, adding (about the honours committee), 'if it's not a knighthood they can fxxk off' and then slagging off Catherine Jenkins.

Really David? Role model?

How did we reach a point where sports stars 'expect' knighthoods?
    He does a lot of work for charidee you know.

Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post
    That he does.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post
    :cough:taxbreaks:cough:

Twp old chestnuts when people are caught out:

1. It was taken out of context
    2. They are old emails/quotes/statements

It's PR cliché

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Twp old chestnuts when people are caught out:

1. It was taken out of context
    2. They are old emails/quotes/statements

It's PR cliché
    True that.

Dance like nobody's watching, text and email like one day it will be read aloud in court.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    True that.
    I meant 'two' not 'twp'....

He's a decent lad who seems genuine, better behavoured than a lot of footballers.

We should be proud of him coming from a sport that is riddled with scandal and appalling behaviour, from top to bottom.

Thought this thread would be about him and his lad and that limp ginger pop singer ferking off from a pub because some Welsh lads sang the Welsh anthem.
    Load of softies.

Blue in the Face

If his looks didn't garner such homoerotic appeal he wouldn't have had such a high profile career and there would be no such chat of the (inevitable) knighthood. Had at least twenty caps too many for England and let them down in tournaments when it mattered. But he is really good at selling shaving foam.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    If his looks didn't garner such homoerotic appeal he wouldn't have had such a high profile career and there would be no such chat of the (inevitable) knighthood. Had at least twenty caps too many for England and let them down in tournaments when it mattered. But he is really good at selling shaving foam.
    To put it into context, the England captain who won the World Cup was never knighted.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    To put it into context, the England captain who won the World Cup was never knighted.
    Good point.

When someone commits their life to doing good and when someone achieves something significant I have no problem in the honours system. However, when someone is trying to lobby and position themselves and is seeking out a knighthood.... the level of 'entitlement' is worrying and questions DB's actions - does he really care or is he just chasing honours to enhance his own profile and ego - "If it's not a knighthood they can Fxxk off"... surely the honours committee should take his existing honour away from him due to his disrespect for the systems.

Seems like a decent father, good husband, slightly overrated player (in my opinion).... but this kind of sense of entitlement shows that he's a bit of a prick really.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    Thought this thread would be about him and his lad and that limp ginger pop singer ferking off from a pub because some Welsh lads sang the Welsh anthem.
    Load of softies.
    How dare football fans have banter with Beckham.

But Sir DB should be exempt from banter, criticism, taxes and given the freedom of the world for all of his achievements - he's entitled to it you know.

I hope he gets his Knighthood before being crucified, otherwise humanity will be in deep shit.

He's always been an attention seeking media wh0re. Every time one of his team mates scored, you could pretty much guarantee, he'd be the first one there jumping all over the back of the player so he could get his mug on the back pages. If he ever does get knighted i hope whoever does the knighting, slips with the sword and cuts his ear off

Quote Originally Posted by Silures View Post
    He's always been an attention seeking media wh0re. Every time one of his team mates scored, you could pretty much guarantee, he'd be the first one there jumping all over the back of the player so he could get his mug on the back pages. If he ever does get knighted i hope whoever does the knighting, slips with the sword and cuts his ear off
    I remember that as being Rio Ferdinand

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I remember that as being Rio Ferdinand
    And I'm sure if he didn't celebrate he'd be accused of being aloof, were a strange lot ,we don't like success.