Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
The Manifesto pledge was was for employed people you are talking about self employed (there is a difference ya know) , the law that made pledge a reality made no mention of self employed people at all.

ps - you are talking to an ex NHS worker - there is so much wastage in the NHS - that needs fixing first - and in fairness is being address - with any savings made being reinvested (well in England it is) Wales NHS budget has been reduced by the WAG, I dont think the WAG ring fenced any budget.

Personally I think an extra £2.40p / 60p a week (which is the increase mentioned yesterday) could be paid by everyone - and use to give to the NHS. The issue being is that spending demands by the NHS are increasing by about 5% year on year - which is why they wanted to do a top down re org of it. A massive PFI debt doesnt exactly help it either.
Have you read the 2015 Tory manifesto? If so please confirm where it distinguishes between the employed and self employed in regard to national insurance. I will give you a clue. It doesn't. They lied and are trying to wriggle.