Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
Where else would he go if he didn't stay at Cardiff? Warnock seems to believe this is his level and he's got a couple more years of management left in him. Personally, given his recent track record, I doubt any other club who is seriously aiming for the upper reaches of the Championship would give him a job.
Interesting point. Warnock is never likely to be an appointment that is a part of a long term plan, so he's only going to be a short term fixer. In that respect, if he doesn't stay with City, he can bide his time and he'll surely generate interest from teams that sack their managers early on because they've started badly. Not having a club at the start of the season might even be better for him. On a short term contract he might be able to demand a decent wage. He still clearly loves the crack of the game, so I don't think he'll retire just yet.

Thinking about Warnock being more of a short term fix, I do wonder that if he was to do the improbable and get City back into the Premier League, a new manager would likely rip up everything Warnock has done and start again. Not ideal in terms of survival.